Lancaster, PA

RuralPastor

We're wondering what is available in the Lancaster, PA area for up to a one-month stay in October. Thanks. Mark and Cindy.

Like2Camp

One that I could recommend is "Old Mill Stream" (next to Doutch Wonderland) 2249 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, Pa 17602
Phone: 717-299-2314. Nice place, accommodates all sizes of RV's, full hook ups. It's on the main drag with easy access.
Happy Camping........

Rrloren

Lots of shopping in the area both outlet type and Amish type. Also on Fri. and maybe Sat. see the Green Dragon Flea & Farmers Market in Ephrata.
Plenty places to eat also, we like the Revere Inn, the Greenfield Restaurant and the Shady Maple Smorgasborg.
The Kitcnen Kettle Village is a nice shopping and eating area too. I think you'll find plenty to keep you busy in the area and Oct. is a great time to visit since the summer crowd is gone.

RuralPastor

Thanks for the replies. I've made 8 trips to Lancaster in the past 9 months, but never with the Heartland. And yes...oh my...good food! Mark and Cindy.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We have been to Spring Gulch for a Pennsylvania rally and it is a nice facility.

Also been to Hickory Run and it is a steep climb if your site is up the HILL????? Not as nice.

Lake-In-Wood is awesome although we didn't stay we did check it out for the future.

Elizabethtown-Hershey KOA has very good facilities.

Have fun in your search!

ILH

We stayed at Hershey last summer. Nicely run facility - but incredibly tight spots! It looked more like a dealer lot than a campground.

handva

I would have to 2nd "Old Mill Stream". We will be heading up there next month. 6th year for a family trip there, 2nd in our Trail Runner.

DougS

Doug S
I'll second Beacon Hill, we are here now and enjoying watching all the buggies pass. We were at another CG for our first three days and will never go back to that other campground.

RuralPastor

I'll second Beacon Hill, we are here now and enjoying watching all the buggies pass. We were at another CG for our first three days and will never go back to that other campground.

Thanks Doug. I'm sure I've driven by Beacon Hill a number of times. Just don't remember the park. Not surprising though, there's a bunch of activity in that area. October should be a pretty quiet month in Lancaster County, tourism wise. And, Cindy and I are new empty-nesters, so having a playground is not a draw for us! I checked their prices, and they seem very reasonable. Mark.