land gear motor 2009 3210

welbe13

My land gear motor runs but won't work the landing gear. I had to put it up with the hand crank. My local rapair shop says that the gears are gone and I need a new motor. He said he would put a few calls but I need it ASAP. We are leaving on a long trip this Thursday. What do I need to do to get a new motor ASAP.

Mark

vin 5sfcf32339e050859

jnbhobe

Its usually just the gear box and not the motor, real easy to change. Most often happens when the landing gear is retracted too far. You need to paint lines on the legs so you don't run them in too far.

danemayer

If you're sure you know what part(s) you need, a call to Heartland (ask for the parts dep't) might help. Ask if they'll ship today, next day air. I'm not sure if they can turn a parts order around on such a short schedule, and it'll probably be very expensive. But unless a local dealer has parts on hand, that seems the next logical step. Have your VIN # when you call.

wdk450

welbe13:
The system is made by Venture mfg for Lippert who install it on Heartland frames. I would say get out the phone book and call EVERY RV parts store within driving distance, starting with the biggest ones. If you are headed south, I am pretty sure Northwest RV supply in Eugene, Or. has what you need. Here is their website: http://www.nwrvsupply.com/

I would also try Camping World or Paulsboro RV. The gearbox is a very commonly replaced item used on many brands of 5th wheels.

welbe13

Thanks for all of the help. I was able to get the motor and gear box out and have a new one on the way. Except for the very tight working space it wasn't to bad of a job.