Landing gear greasy

Bogie

It should be easy to verify if the landing gear is hydraulic. Put your hand on the pump motor and have someone operate the landing gear. You should be able to feel if the pump motor is running. :)

Carleen

They look identical to the legs on my BH and mine are hydraulic. Based on the low hydraulic fluid and greasy leg, I would be highly concerned there is a leak (fluid is red).
Can you see around the propane compartment for the top of the leg? I could see some of mine on the door side from the battery compartment, but not much (maybe the same on the other side?) you might be able to follow a hydraulic line to it. More than likely you'll have to pull generator to fix it-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadventure

Yeah, pulling the genny is way beyond my wheelhouse and budget. I was thinking I could clean it off and see how quickly it gets greasy again. Not the best approach I know, but might help me diagnose the severity.

Roadventure

Looks like my day of reckoning is coming sooner than I'd like. I have hydraulic fluid, (which I learned is actually automatic transmission fluid) leaking out underneath my living room slide on the driver's side. The fluid level is low, so now the jacks are slower and I am worried that either the slides are going to get stuck, or I'll have to go the manual route for raising up the nose. For the meantime I'm going to have to add fluid as a bandaid until I get to a repair shop or call a tech out to take a look.