landing gear manual crank

darkhawk

i just took my tq325 out on its maiden voyage. we wont discuss the oops. however i will admit i blew the fuse on the landing gear. i couldn't figure out how to use the manual crank. how do you hook it to the landing gear to crank it up?

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
i just took my tq325 out on its maiden voyage. we wont discuss the oops. however i will admit i blew the fuse on the landing gear. i couldn't figure out how to use the manual crank. how do you hook it to the landing gear to crank it up?

If you look around the 12 volt battery you should find a 30 amp fuse (in a black rubber thingy hooked to the battery cable) which is most likely blown.

I did it as well when we got home from our maiden voyage . . .

Turns out that you don't want to run the lading gear all the way in or all the way out as that is what blows the fuse!

I put a mark on the landing gear so I know where to stop before it reaches either end of the run.

I would take some photos, but our Prowler is 40 miles away at the dealership getting warranty repairs.

JohnD

Forgot too mention . . . I used the manual crank to try to lower the trailer . . .

I cranked that thing for what seemed to be an hour and it barely lowered an inch!

darkhawk

the electrical information is greatly appreciated. i went out and bought a pack of five.

however, i would still like to know where the insert hole is for the crank. just in case i blow the motor up or something. i looked in the propane cabinet on the door side and could not see one. also, there is not a hole forward of that door. the storage bins are to far back to be where the crank connection is located.

JohnD

I found the front landing gear crank hole inside and at the top of the battery compartment, which is the vertical door on the door side just in front of the basement door (see photo below).

There is a handle down in the basement that has a socket-looking end on it that is used for this.

Attachments

• ProwlerInYard-P1000054.jpg
    ProwlerInYard-P1000054.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 42

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Forget the fuse and install an auto reset circuit breaker instead. You can get them at any auto parts store. And yes, mark the landing gear.

darkhawk

thanks for all the great information.

i did find the manual crank connection. it is painted black. same color as the propane containment area. i had to remove the propane canister to locate it.

Diamondjim

I feel your pain.
On the PDI of my used 2011 Greystone (purchased 9/17/15), I was informed there was a reason for a box of 20 fuses in the front battery compartment, and how NOT to need them. Well great!
Our first trip was 1300 miles from NY to home in FL. Third night on road, landing gear would not go down. No biggie, we didn't disconnect rig anyways, we got home the next day......now what?
Hand cranked the landing gear down, UNTIL crank head split! Finished the job with my hydraulic jack and went looking for the fuse. It was not the one the Tech pointed out, not the switch, oh wait, there's another in-line fuse on the buss bar. Odd indeed, but I found it and now it works just fine!
Out this week-end with the 5er, no problem with the landing gear, but one of the rear stabilizers was a problem. Loose wire at the motor. All is well for NOW.
Good luck with your problem.