Landing gear - switch and resettable fuse

branson4020

Icantre Member
Well I thought I would check my rig and make sure I knew where this fuse was, and so I could carry a spare. Hmm, can't find any fuse. But I do have a 30A auto-reset circuit breaker. Is this something that varies by model, or has Heartland changed this over time?

davelinde

just got my OEM replacement... I figured out why it was so expensive ($36 +shipping) -- they sent me an entire wiring harness with a fuse, the switch, bezel and gaskets. The new assembly looks better than the old one - there was no gasket on the old one and the back of this switch is sealed in shrink-wrap.

The bad news is the wire colors don't match any more and I cannot figure out which switch position goes with which wire unless I cut off the shrink wrap. Anyone have a suggestion? Two black... red and pink. The other switch has two black orange and yellow.

Since the pink is has the fuse I should be able to match that up with the RV wire that is fused and be OK. I'm guess that the blacks are interchangeable... I might get out a DVM and poke a bit before splicing this thing in. Not as easy as I'd hoped. Suggestions welcomed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dave, see if this applies to your situation.
This is how I wired my old Bighorn.

Short Pink to Pos. (+) Battery Terminal
Short Black to Neg. (-) Battery Terminal
Long Red to Red Motor Lead
Long Black to Black Motor Lead

Peace
Dave

davelinde

Dave, see if this applies to your situation.

Short Pink to Pos. (+) Battery Terminal
Short Black to Neg. (-) Battery Terminal
Long Red to Red Motor Lead
Long Black to Black Motor Lead

I'm visualizing a schematic and this does make sense. It would seem the Blacks are interchangeable too, hence the lack of a color key to find them. This weekend I can poke around with a meter.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe this attached PDF makes sense.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• pk_specs_and_installation.pdf
    20.4 KB · Views: 36

davelinde

finally got to this.
Easy enough to match the wire with the fuse and the other colored wire. I buzzed out the ground and connected it to the short black as noted here. Works fine except... EXTEND retracts and RETRACT extends. But, this means that pressing the top raises the nose and pressing the bottom lowers the nose. Really logical, so we decided to leave it that way.

The resettable fuse works too (well it has not popped yet but now at least my landing gear move again)