Landing Gear

Has anyone swapped the electric landing gear for a hydraulic landing gear? Can if be done? I wouldnt mind adding the 6 point hydraulic lippert auto level system but i cant find the 6, only the 4.

mlpeloquin

I was parked to someone at the Goshen rally a year and a half ago and he had Lippert replace his with the six point landing system. It brought smiles to his face. He also was given a brass check valve by Jim B when his plastic one leaked. He had to remove everything out of the storage bay, remove the storage bay walls, and run a fan for two days to dry it out. Anyone with a water heater plastic check valve need to replace it with a brass one.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Lippert is still working on the new Evaluation system which has individual pumps on each leg. I think this is going to be a perfect system for those of you that want to add it on.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had our electric landing gear replaced with the Level Up system. Had lippert do it at their facility in Goshen.

s4qele.jpg

dg1hdk.jpg

I installed a Quadra Big Foot system on the back frame. I already had hydraulic landing gear in the front. The big foot system is self contained in that each jack has its own pump. After attaching each jack to the frame. And running a positive elec lead from the battery. All I had to do is run the control box with toggle switches into the garage.

The way my system works is I level left to right with the rear jacks. Then lower the landing gear and level front to back.

I think they also make a four point auto leveling system. Each jack is rated at #5000 so four is plenty though six makes the rv rock steady.

I like to manually level myself. I have nobody to blame but myself if I get it wrong 😊 And when it comes time to rotate tires or grease the shackles. It's just two toggles switches. I just make certain I'm on the hitch so I don't twist the frame.

2010 Ram 3500 HD traded in for new 2015 3500 HD DRW mega cab with the 3.42 gears
I haven't hooked up yet, we'll see how it pulls with 17" wheels. (Pulls great !)
2014 Cyclone 3100
G614 Goodyears
Good Sam gps
Trimark keyed alike
Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center"
Blue Sea System toggle source selector
L.E.D. running lights
Quadra Bigfoot levelers
Dexter wet bolts
Boyo wireless backup camera
EMS-HW50C
TST 507RV
Smittybuilt air compressor
Splendide 2100XC
26k Husky hitch
Mor Ryde pin box
6-volt 240 AH batteries
Added dinette
Replaced L.E.D. tail lights with Leading Edge Trailer light bars (made in the US)

TedS

We had our electric landing gear replaced with the Level Up system. Had lippert do it at their facility in Goshen.

s4qele.jpg

dg1hdk.jpg

Looks like Lippert also included an 80-amp circuit breaker for the pump motor. I guess they are learning.