Landmark 365 - Ashland

jbeletti

Hi Rob and thank you for your interest in the Landmark 365 Ashland floor plan.

Here's what I know:
  • The first unit (prototype) was run in early August and returned from paint on 8-August-2014
  • Some minor tweaks will be made and full-production will likely begin by the end of August
  • Below is an image of the current floor plan layout
  • Here's a link to the Ashland page on the Heartland RVs website
  • Post a Reply to this post with any specific questions you may have

2015 Landmark 365 - Ashland (12-Aug-2014).jpg

Rcnewell11

Hi Jim thanks for reply.i was wondering if furnace and water heater will be on off door side of coach .i see on Newport is on on door side unit .one other question I have is this the only paint option we can get on full body paint on your 4 colors option.are u getting away from full dark colors like u had a couple years ago.thanks rob
Hi Rob and thank you for your interest in the Landmark 365 Ashland floor plan.

Here's what I know:
  • The first unit (prototype) was run in early August and returned from paint on 8-August-2014
  • Some minor tweaks will be made and full-production will likely begin by the end of August
  • Below is an image of the current floor plan layout
  • Here's a link to the Ashland page on the Heartland RVs website
  • Post a Reply to this post with any specific questions you may have

View attachment 31220

jbeletti

On the 2015 Ashland prototype, both the water heater and furnace were on the ODS. I doubt this will change in production units. See attached image of the Ashland that I snapped on 8-Aug.

2015 Ashland Prototype - Exterior - ODS - Center Third.jpg

bob34787

with the exception of 1 large slide in place of the 2 slides on the ODS and the elimination of the L in the kitchen is this not a San Antonio? Looks like mine from what a I remember

jbeletti

with the exception of 1 large slide in place of the 2 slides on the ODS and the elimination of the L in the kitchen is this not a San Antonio? Looks like mine from what a I remember

Bob,

In some respects, yes, the floor plans are very similar.

Similarities:
- Split Bath / Center Aisle Floor Plan
- Lower Level Laundry
- Sink in Commode Room and Sink in Bedroom
- Dresser/Nightstand on South end of bed

Differences:
- LM 365 styling / appointments
- Buffet Table
- Residential Refer
- Induction Cooktop
- Dishwasher available
- More counter space in kitchen slide
- Non-L, Larger island
- Much larger pantry
- No dedicated desk space (High-Low Coffee Table / Desk Available)
- Improved Entertainment System Layout
- Larger Commode Room with Full-Vanity and Larger Sink
- Different Front Closet Configuration (some will like, some will not)

So, aside from all the LM365 changes inside and out, the above 2 lists highlight what in my mind are the most significant similarities and differences between the retired San Antonio and the new Ashland.

jbeletti

Can I see interior piks of ashland if available

Rob,

I have quite a few pictures of the Ashland but it's a prototype and was pretty rough inside as final changes were still being made. Tom will have to okay my release of any of those. Can you tell me if there was anything specific that you were most interested inside the Ashland?

jbeletti

Landmark 365 - Placement of Water Heater and Furnace

Tom asked me to put this on the forum in response to the comments and concerns about our placement of the Water Heater and Furnace in LM 365 floor plans.

It is Design 101 to put those things on the off door side (ODS) and will we do that EVERY time it's possible. There are a few floor plans, unfortunately, due to RVIA code requirements (i.e. being too close to the under side of bed slides) that we aren’t able to always place the water heater or furnace in the ODS.

WhyNot

Hi Tom,

Any chance of seeing the flooring from the kitchen cut off at the end of the island and the carpet start there to have more of a division from kitchen to family room. If nothing else it would give the feel of being a little larger. That area is squeezed more and more.

David

T

TomMontague

Re: Landmark 365 - Placement of Water Heater and Furnace

Thanks Jim -

I also want everyone to know a few more Design 101 elements I try to live by as we move forward with LM365.

As long as I'm in charge you will always have access to the restroom when the slides are in.
You will always have access to at least one side of the residential refer when slides are in.
As much as we can the recliners will always be across from the TV. ( Rear Entertainment floor plans are obviously the exception )

Thanks,
Tom

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

I like the use of the pocket door on the stool room....

Can you now get the buffet without ordering the outside TV??

Rcnewell11

I was also wondering if u could put window above the stove like San Antonio has in the ashland .is the vanity in the stool closet a full vanity ?

jbeletti

I was also wondering if u could put window above the stove like San Antonio has in the ashland .is the vanity in the stool closet a full vanity ?

Tom will have to speak to the potential for a window above the stove. I can answer the vanity question.

Yes, it is a full vanity. Lots of space in it. There will also be a full-enclosed cabinet above the commode.

Here's a few pics of the Ashland prototype (subject to change)...
2015 Ashland Prototype - Commode Room - Vanity 1.jpg 2015 Ashland Prototype - Commode Room - Vanity 2.jpg 2015 Ashland Prototype - Commode Room - Sink, Mirror and Lights.jpg

jbeletti

I like the use of the pocket door on the stool room....

Can you now get the buffet without ordering the outside TV??

Hi Kathy!

Tom will have to speak to the buffet question.

I hear you on the pocket door, but the way we implemented it on the prototype was not so great. It also ate up 3" of hallway width. And while some may like the pocket door on the commode room, many will prefer a regular hinged door. Perhaps if LM was a wide-body coach, the pocket door could be done better.

For me, I'm pushing Tom to go back to a hinged door and regain that 3" in hallway width.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

I love the look of that stool room! Too bad the pocket door isn't working out so well....it really eliminates the "swing" issue on the door.

jbeletti

Hey Kathy,

In practice, I have found no issue with the commode room door swing. That door is far enough up on the upper deck to not be a safety issue with the steps.

I think the only door swing issue we have is with the laundry closet up there. With the Savannah and the angled entryway into the bedroom, we find it best to open the bedroom door so the laundry door can open up into the bedroom door space and allow better access to the W/D. But, to then get the clothes to the bedroom for folding/putting away, one has to toss the dry clothes into a basket on the floor in front of the commode room, shut the laundry door and move the basket to the bedroom. So, a little bit of inconvenience but not huge.

With the laundry moving to the lower level, the basket of clothes will have to be taken up the 2 steps and into the bedroom. So not a lot more complicated. Dryer noise in the living space with be my biggest con. So we will likely shift drying clothes to the bedtime hours.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

I love the look of that stool room! Too bad the pocket door isn't working out so well....it really eliminates the "swing" issue on the door.

We are with you Kathy. Amy and I have been "looking" but haven't found anything we would trade out of our 3670 for. We like the bath/bed room set up a lot. Just the other morning Amy suggested we design the "prefect" Landmark and they could name it the Cody.

Bighorn55

Cody
We are 09 3670 owners. Can't find anything we like better so we plan to do upgrades instead. Just finished a ground control installation, suspension upgrade next spring.