Landmark 365 Bed Issues

Begger

Just purchased a 2018 Landmark 365 Phoenix. Got a couple questions about the bed.

1). What size mattress is this designed for? Previous owner installed a custom King, but it appears too heavy for the power mechanism to move regularly. We have to position the mattress just right, then push from the foot of the bed to get it to retract. I hope this isn’t normal.

2). How to you ladies (or gents) make the bed? My DW gets up at the head of the bed and pulls the bedding up, then try’s to get off the bed without messing it up. It’s not very handy.

Any help would he appreciated. We’re probably going to replace the mattress, hence we need a size.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rmeyer

Just purchased a 2018 Landmark 365 Phoenix. Got a couple questions about the bed.

1). What size mattress is this designed for? Previous owner installed a custom King, but it appears too heavy for the power mechanism to move regularly. We have to position the mattress just right, then push from the foot of the bed to get it to retract. I hope this isn’t normal.

2). How to you ladies (or gents) make the bed? My DW gets up at the head of the bed and pulls the bedding up, then try’s to get off the bed without messing it up. It’s not very handy.

Any help would he appreciated. We’re probably going to replace the mattress, hence we need a size.

Thanks in advance.
Had the same problem with our bed. Lift was defective. More Ryde replaced it for us. No further problems.

Wanderlust

Hello, we have a 2017 landmark newport that came with a uncomfortable king size mattress, I too hated the inability to make the bed so we replaced it with a normal size queen bed. This isn't a problem for us as we are short people, so if this would be an okay option for you, then i would do that. We purchased a Amerisleep mattress and I have no regrets, we sleep great. I would imagine any of those brands would work out just fine and it is easy to get into the rig since they arrive rolled and then they swell up once you release them from the packaging.

As for the motor, I think Rmeyere is spot on, have them replace the motor, this shouldn't be happening.

Good luck!