Landmark - Additional Bedroom Shelf

danemayer

Here's the finished modification.
2012-12-18 13.53.13 BR Shelf Installed.jpg

Started by ordering an extra shelf from Heartland Parts. I think it was $35. My friend Bob Cunning volunteered to help with the carpentry since he does really nice precision cabinet work and I'm more of a "functional" carpenter.
2012-12-18 11.17.02 BR Shelf Shelf and Support.jpg
Bob started by cutting a piece of scrap from his workshop to create a wall mount on which the shelf would rest, spreading the load. He shaped it to follow the design of the countertop material. The visible edges were routed to form a rounded corner with steps as you might find on molding.
2012-12-18 11.19.39 BR Shelf Ready to Assemble.jpg
Cut a couple of strips of wood. One to form a corner holding the countertop to the wall mount, and another to form a counter between the side wall of the RV and the underside of the shelf.
2012-12-18 12.29.34 BR Shelf Ready to Stain.jpg
Supports all assembled, mounting holes drilled and countersunk. Ready to stain the support piece, a small portion of which will be visible.
2012-12-18 12.04.04 BR Shelf Moly Bolt.jpg
Slightly below the center of the picture, you can see a molybolt which will hold the support to the very thin-wall of the closet. The hole further to the left found a piece of wood behind the closet wall. The exterior wall also provided support for a wood screw.
2012-12-18 13.53.13 BR Shelf Installed.jpg
Once again, the finished shelf, mounted about 13" below the original factory shelf. Glasses and remote controls go on the top shelf. My CPAP machine goes on the bottom shelf. There a conveniently placed outlet on the side of the bed frame only a few inches from the new shelf.

My thanks to Bob Cunning who did a much nicer job than I could have.

Vtxkid

Re: Additional Bedroom Shelf

Great idea and looks awesome!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Additional Bedroom Shelf

That looks fantastic! Great job.

porthole

Retired
Looks good. I think most here may not realize you can get finished stuff from HL for projects like this. I got a bedroom dresser top to make a matching cabinet in the garage.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=123839&viewfull=1#post123839