Landmark Broken Window

oldelmer1

While traveling from Georgia to Florida today, we stopped at a rest area and saw that our drivers side rear window was shattered.

Its the bottom half.

Can it just be replaced? or does the entire window need replacement.

It is a double pane window.

THANKS....

jbeletti

While traveling from Georgia to Florida today, we stopped at a rest area and saw that our drivers side rear window was shattered.

Its the bottom half.

Can it just be replaced? or does the entire window need replacement.

It is a double pane window.

THANKS....

Sorry to hear about your window :(

I don't have the answer to your question but I can tell you that the window is made by Kinro which is a Lippert company. Consider giving them a quick call to see what they think - 866-524-7821

I had the lower rear window break on my 2016 Bighorn 3270RS. According to the dealer, you have to replace the whole window. $1400. It took four weeks to get the right one from Lippert.

MTPockets

Stop in at a glass shop and see what they can offer. I had an outside mirror replaced on a truck once; the dealer wanted $900. The glass shop did it for $11.00... labor included...

oldelmer1

We are here at Suncoast design, or C and C windows and doors in Hudson Fl to get our window fixed. They will remove the window and replace the broken glass. The caulk has to dry for 24 hours before we can.leave. So we are here for 2 nights. They do have 20 sites with 50 amp and water hookups.

We are the only 5th wheel here, all the other sites are full of class A's with fogged windows. Some of them have 6 to 8 windows that are fogged.

oldelmer1

I had the lower rear window break on my 2016 Bighorn 3270RS. According to the dealer, you have to replace the whole window. $1400. It took four weeks to get the right one from Lippert.

They are going to remove the broken bottom part of the window and replace the glass.

Price is suppose to be $300.00

Much cheaper that replacing the entire window.

With as many coaches that are here, they need to open up a couple of other shops around the USA.

oldelmer1

We are all done, new glass installed and all looks fine.

But, some of my weather stripping got damaged when they pulled the tape off.

So, THANKS JIM, for putting the phone number in your post. Called them and I have to send pictures of the window and the weather stripping so they can send me new.

It took an extra day to fix the window cause when they glued the first time, something happened and it wasn't right. So they had to redo it, so they didn't charge me for the glass, so total was $165.00.

jbeletti

We are all done, new glass installed and all looks fine.

But, some of my weather stripping got damaged when they pulled the tape off.

So, THANKS JIM, for putting the phone number in your post. Called them and I have to send pictures of the window and the weather stripping so they can send me new.

It took an extra day to fix the window cause when they glued the first time, something happened and it wasn't right. So they had to redo it, so they didn't charge me for the glass, so total was $165.00.

Tom - things happen and sometimes, window glass gets broken. That you were able to travel to this repair place was great. The price was very nice too. Thanks for the testimonial.