Landmark Grand Canyon-kitchen cabinet re-deux

Love my rig, but the deep cabinet in the kitchen was impossible to get into. The right door was in the way when wou tried to reach into it. Cabinet was DEEP but I could not reach back into it. High area to use for storage, but who wants to stack dishes or food 2 feet high?

DH made Mama really happy with this one. Heartland, here is how that cabinet SHOULD be installed.

1. Took the doors off and put them on a piano hinge so it opens to the left and folds out of the way. Simple latch on right side. Still opens by pulling the knobs originally installed.
2. Installed wire roll-out shelves in upper and lower areas. The lower one is wider than the upper. I have room to store items next to the shelves. Shelves from Container Store (love it!).
3. Put a bin in the upper shelf for bread, chips, etc. Lots of height to take advantage of.
4. Installed convenient spice rack inside door.

100_5090.JPGWhen we are traveling, we put a folded dish towel in the path of the slideout shelves, so even in a sudden stop, the shelves will not force the cabinet open. I also rap the glassware when we're in route, and put a bin in the lower shelf. Once we're parked for the winter, I unpack the glassware.

100_5093.jpgAdditional mod: installed a wood wine glass holder in the cabinet over the couch. Works great.
100_5094.JPG

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW what a nice job ya'll did. Thanks for the pictures which helps alot to understand what you did.