Landmark - Hydraulic hose / fitting failures

BigGuy82

When Heartland got back with us they even got us in contact with a better shop. Not only we were at odds with the shop where we purchased our coach. It was hour and a half drive. Plus my brand new 5th wheel was sitting at the shop not getting used and not undercover. Don't get me wrong the sales department was great where we purchased from, but the shop was the weak link. I ended up speaking with Costumer Services and the rest is history. But you are years ahead of me. I wish I would have found this website before last year. The only good thing that came from me having blow max tires on my coach is this forum. Thats another story. lol unless you have tow maxx tires on your coach and you need to change them like last month.

"the sales department was great" - can't tell you how many times I've heard that one. Problem is that once you take delivery, they're done with you and you're in the hands of the most important department - service. Sadly, this is also where most dealers seem to fall short. In fact, they just plain fall apart.

This is my third RV. After the first two, I went shopping for the dealer first and then started looking at coaches - most repeat buyers know what brand of RV they want and focus on that. I wound up at Wilkin's RV (Churchville and Bath NY) - so far, so good. Great folks and they have mechanics who are RVIA certified,have been in the indusrtry for years and more importantly have been with Wilkin's for years.

Your dealer is an important asset for enjoying your RV - once you find a good one, keep them!

BillGott

Update

The factory has agreed to replace all the lines as well as the underbelly, radiant barrier and insulation. I am paying for an upgrade to braided steel covered lines. Hopefully the dealer will finally close out some issues I have had with the camper since we picked I up now Sept. 2015.

BigGuy82

Re: Update

The factory has agreed to replace all the lines as well as the underbelly, radiant barrier and insulation. I am paying for an upgrade to braided steel covered lines. Hopefully the dealer will finally close out some issues I have had with the camper since we picked I up now Sept. 2015.

Outstanding. Usually pays to go direct on any major problem instead of relying on the dealer to negotiate. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BillGott

Final Update

Kudos to the factory. All lines have been replaced with braided steel lines. New insulation, radiant barrier and coroplast bottom installed. Brake line fixed and faulty hydraulic pump fuse replaced. Thanks to everyone who helped.

jbeletti

Re: Final Update

Kudos to the factory. All lines have been replaced with braided steel lines. New insulation, radiant barrier and coroplast bottom installed. Brake line fixed and faulty hydraulic pump fuse replaced. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Awesome news Bill. Thanks for the follow-up here.