Landmark key west disc brakes?

gandmrv

I took delivery of my 2016 Key West 2 months ago. On the bill of sale, it listed "disc brakes" as one of th options on my rig. I honestly didn't look at them pre-delivery but I have since...and guess what, my disc brakes look exactly like drum brakes...is this a common mistake? (Listing option as installed that in fact aren't )

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would first call the dealer and ask about that. Then call Heartland Customer Service and have your vin when you call. They can tell you what the deal is by the vin. It was possible that if you ordered your coach the dealer did put it on the build sheet. But Heartland should be able to clarify that.

gandmrv

Thanks jmgratz, I plan on doing that but haven't yet, I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I love my Key West, but if I paid for disc, I'd like to have them. And we did not order. We purchased off lot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Can you confirm that a price is actually on your BOS and included in your total? If it is, you should be able to get this resolved with your dealer.

gandmrv

No, the price of disc are not listed individually, in fact none of options are priced individually, "disc brakes" are in a list of all options. Strange thing is that all the other options in the list are present except for the disc.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There should be a build sheet that your dealer has submitted to Heartland.
Did you see it and authorize the order?
Ask your dealer to see it now. That will tell if the disc brakes were actually on the order.

Peace
Dave

gandmrv

I called Heartland this morning with my vin#, they told me my unit was not supposed to have disc brakes, and that he had never heard of one having disc brakes. So it must have been a miss print at the dealership..question answered, thanks for the replies.

jbeletti

Thanks for the update. Disc brakes had been a much-demanded option. Heartland eventually added them to the option list but to date, there have been very few takers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would of ordered disc brakes, if I ordered my unit. However I bought mine off the lot. I also would have ordered metal awning covers and factory slide toppers.. Live and learn.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gandmrv

I agree jesstalkin, I would have ordered both of those options as well, but I must say this rig is pretty well loaded as is..I also bought mine off the lot.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We purchased our Key West off a dealers lot and it had several options, but we had the dealer had the disc brakes and slide toppers.

gandmrv

I don't know, options on my BOS were not itemized individually wit a price on each one. It was just a list of options. Disc Brakes were on that list, but Heartland says my unit was not built with disc. I feel I got a good price on my rig with or without disc brakes..I was curious about it, but not that big of a deal to me, I'm not going to take it back over this..lol. I'm happy with my puchase..

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Guess it could have been a list of options that are available on that unit maybe not ordered on it.

ksucats

When we were lookimg at various units our dealer gave us what I'll call build sheets. The top 2/3rds were the standard items. Then there is a faint horizontal line on ours followed by all of the options == Theater seating IPO [in place of] recliners, etc. If you see disc brakes in that section then my belief is that you should have disc brakes on the coach. You paid for them and, in my humble opinion, they do make a difference in stopping these coaches.

gandmrv

Ksucats, I didn't get a "build sheet", I didn't know to ask for one until I saw it mentioned in this forum..I did call heartland though and they said my unit was not ordered with disc brakes..I was not the one that ordered it, I found it online then puchased it off the lot

ksucats

Fully understand the 'off the lot, purchase. Have gotten burned several times over the years ordering some things. So now we want to see, touch, drive (when applicable) before going much further. Even then we get confused and overwhelmed - this Key West purchase we just made for example. We saw several here in KS, also Colorado and New Mexico. Came back to our local dealer (if you call 150 miles east local) and got the one we saw there. THEN, during the PDI we noticed that there was no Dyson vacuum cleaner nor Living Room lift-top table in the coach. All of the other Landmark 365s that they had on their lot had them. Sales man said it should have both. Went to look at the build sheet - no Dyson or table shown. How we missed those ???? but we are happy with the coach none-the-less.

Wishing you many happy years in your new coach!!