Landmark - Kitchen outlet capacity

judybob42

We have a 2014 Landmark Key Largo. We love the unit.

We have a kitchen outlet capacity problem. When we use two appliances at the same time over the counter on the stove side of the unit, we pop the circuit breaker. Example, if we use the toaster oven and the coffee maker at the same time, the breaker kicks out. Is this normal? It is frustrating to use only one appliance at a time.

We welcome any suggestions!

Bob

danemayer

Re: ATF: Landmark - Kitchen outlet capacity

Hi Bob,

Look at the labels on the appliances. Toaster oven and coffee maker are likely each pulling close to 15 amps, for a total of 30 amps if running together. Your circuit breaker is probably 20 amps and it's doing its job.

Have you tried waiting for the coffee maker to finish brewing before running the toaster oven? When it switches from brew to warm the amperage required may drop enough for both to work.

guyc66

ATF: Landmark - Kitchen outlet capacity

I'm no electrician, but if you have both of those appliances (high wattage) plugged into the same circuit you probably are overloading it. I imagine that is a 15 amp circuit and a toaster and coffee maker could easily exceed that capacity.

Garypowell

One thing you might do for "fun" is map the electrical in your coach. I was able to do it easier since I have a Progressive Industries system installed. I went around to each plug and found out which leg of the power it was on. Then from there you can also trip the circuit breakers to see which breaker things are on.

I found that we had two circuits that could be used in the kitchen. One near the stove...actually under a cabinet and one on island. So we do coffee near the stove and toast on the island...not a problem.

By knowing what is combined together it keeps you from running the vacuum (or some other load) while you are doing coffee...since that combined load might also trip the breaker.

jbeletti

While this won't help Bob out, for new Landmark 365 owners, the new Power Management System should help alleviate, if not eliminate this issue as it will perform automatic load shedding. Hope to hear from LM 365 owners on how this is working for them. I'll take delivery of a new demo in December and will be on the road for 2 months after the first of the year and put it through a good workout.

Manzan

Just a bit of warning--don't swap out the circuit breaker for a bigger one. Chances are the wiring will not handle the load and start a fire from over heating.

hoefler

Another thing you should understand as well, the outlets are only rated for 15 amps each. By plugging both of those appliances into the same outlet, you are also overloading the outlet. In our Landmark, I installed a dedicated outlet for our coffee pot in the end of the cabinet.

wdk450

Another thing you should understand as well, the outlets are only rated for 15 amps each. By plugging both of those appliances into the same outlet, you are also overloading the outlet. In our Landmark, I installed a dedicated outlet for our coffee pot in the end of the cabinet.

Also, be aware that the type of wiring connection made in these insulation displacement connector outlets has very little contact area, and is prone to heating and intermittent connection with big electrical loads. See this thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...splacement-Connector-(IDC)-Electrical-Outlets