Landmark Newport tv cabinets and backup camera prep questions

We are purchasing a new 2016 Newport. Because we wanted the washer/dryer (and a few other things) we decided to factory order. We have completed the order forms and are in wait mode now. While looking at a few videos of 2016 units (YouTube videos from various dealers) I have noticed a couple differences our dealer can't seem to provide any explanation for. I hope someone here can. First, in the living room, there seems to be two different tv and cabinet options. Some seem to have a larger tv and three cabinets above the tv, with the middle cabinet having vented slats. Some seem to have a slightly smaller tv with narrow doors on both sides of the tv and four cabinet doors above - none with slats. Our dealer can't explain the difference? Also, in one of the videos, the dealer zooms the camera onto the top of the rear cap and discusses the rear camera prep. I've looked high and low and found no reference to camera prep. It's clear in the video. Any info is appreciated!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You may be seeing videos that are a bit older and Heartland has made some changes since the video was posted. Heck there is still a video for my 2011 model posted there.
Heartland can and does make model changes throughout the year.
Your best bet for the correct information would be to make a call and talk to the Landmark team. They will have the answers to your questions.
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Hi Nick - congrats on your "soon to be placed" LM 365 Newport order!

Andy Wesdorp is the GM for LM 365. He can weigh in on this thread next week or you can phone Heartland on Monday and ask for LM sales (574-262-5992) and anyone on Andy's team can help you out.

I don't know how deep it's going into our product lines but I've been seeing the Furrion Backup Camera prep popping up more and more. If you saw this on a LM 365 video, all new orders are likely coming with the prep. The prep consists of a housing for the camera and a DC power wire tied into the clearance light circuit (as I understand it). Should you be interested in having the camera and in-cab monitor, your dealer can facilitate an order for it.

AWesdorp

Hi all, Jim is correct. New Landmarks are being built with Furrion's backup camera "prep" as well as their solar panel prep. Most dealers should be able to find the Furrion cameras, monitors and solar panels for you (if you choose to buy them, not necessary) as we don't sell those from HRV.

Have a great afternoon.
Andy

randolu

I believe the pictures showing the smaller tv with the storage on either side are either late 2015's or early 2016's. I hope and believe that if you order right now you will get the larger TV without the storage on either side of it.

We are purchasing a new 2016 Newport. Because we wanted the washer/dryer (and a few other things) we decided to factory order. We have completed the order forms and are in wait mode now. While looking at a few videos of 2016 units (YouTube videos from various dealers) I have noticed a couple differences our dealer can't seem to provide any explanation for. I hope someone here can. First, in the living room, there seems to be two different tv and cabinet options. Some seem to have a larger tv and three cabinets above the tv, with the middle cabinet having vented slats. Some seem to have a slightly smaller tv with narrow doors on both sides of the tv and four cabinet doors above - none with slats. Our dealer can't explain the difference? Also, in one of the videos, the dealer zooms the camera onto the top of the rear cap and discusses the rear camera prep. I've looked high and low and found no reference to camera prep. It's clear in the video. Any info is appreciated!

My wife and I just purchased a Landmark 365 Newport last month. It has the big TV (55") without doors on the sides. We have 4 doors above the TV. It also has the rear camera prep kit so a camera can be added at a later date. We are very happy with this RV.

James

jimtoo

HI James and Liane,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Thank you James for your response. I was wondering how our Dish receiver will work in the cabinets with a solid door. Guess we'll find out!

Fulltimers

We were at the Houston RV Show on the 13th of February. We will be at the Austin and Dallas shows the coming two weekends. We plan to order our 2017 Newport in mid March with an anticipated arrival date of late May early June. We have been following the Newports for the last two years and are so excited. I have great respect for Andy W. and look forward to seeing our 2017 plans come to life.

jbeletti

We were at the Houston RV Show on the 13th of February. We will be at the Austin and Dallas shows the coming two weekends. We plan to order our 2017 Newport in mid March with an anticipated arrival date of late May early June. We have been following the Newports for the last two years and are so excited. I have great respect for Andy W. and look forward to seeing our 2017 plans come to life.

Hi Fulltimers,

The Newport remains a VERY popular floor plan. I'm personally favoring he new office variant - the Arlington! Wishing you all the best with your order in a few weeks.

Fulltimers

Thanks for responding. I bought our Redwood before realizing there was a forum out there. Knowledge is power and so happy to be a part of this forum. The information is absolutely awesome. We are very excited with the prospect of owning a Newport. Looking forward to attending a rally in the near future. Take care and thanks again for responding.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Sorry we missed you at the Houston show. My wife and I were at a table for the owners club between the two Landmarks on display. It would have been nice to meet you.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

We also have purchased a 2016 Newport. It's been sitting in our driveway for a month now, waiting for our "ordered" NEW 3500 dually to arrive ( which I just learned yesterday, will be another 6 weeks :-( ). Ours has four (4) doors above the 55" LG TV

Fulltimers

I installed the Furrion back up camera. Good clarity and range. I pulled about 100 yards away from RV before losing picture. I like the fact you can turn the camera on while traveling to see what is going on behind you. Very easy install.