Landmark - Suspension Lubrication

EPaulikonis

I've been doing all of the annual work to keep my Landmark in good working order. Started working through the Dexter Axle Suspension Guide (attached) for all the different items to check. Came across wording referencing "wet bolts" on the suspension and not quite sure if/where to find them on my coach. I have greased the equalizer using the attached zerk fittings, but can't figure out what else should be greased up. Any assistance identifying the right lubrication points on the axles (7K variant) is appreciated.

Attachments

• Suspensions Guide.pdf
    183.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

brianharrison

Re: ATF: Landmark - Suspension Lubrication

Wet bolts are the bolts that attach the spring to the spring hanger/equalizer. They are bolts with a grease zerk on the head of the bolt. The bolt has a passage way through the centre exiting out the side of the bolt halfway down the shaft.

It adds grease into the space between the bolt shaft and spring bushing.

You may or may not have wet bolts; I am unsure of what comes from factory now. I added them onto my Landmark suspension (2011 vintage) when I upgraded my suspension to the Dexter heavy shackles and wet bolt kit.

Hope this helps,
Brian

EPaulikonis

Thanks Brian. That helps tremendously. At least I know what to look for on the suspension now. I have a feeling the "wet bolt" kit is not installed on my tandem axle setup. I'll interrogate the connection on the equalizer when I stop by the barn tonight.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Eric, the jerk fittings are most likely on the inside of the shackle bolts.

EPaulikonis

Equalizer has a zerk fitting to grease, but bolts are standard with no zerk fitting. Guess I'll have to contact Dexter Axle to purchase the wet bolts and install if I want to have the ease of greasing annually without pulling the bolts. Believe I'd have to order K71-359-00 Heavy Duty Suspension Kit like Brian did, but I'll have to verify to make sure I'm ordering the right part kit. Thanks again for the help.

Eric, the jerk fittings are most likely on the inside of the shackle bolts.

Bob&Patty

Eric, "wet bolt" kits are easy to find. Sometimes cheaper than Lippert. Look on Ebay. Just make sure that you get the correct size shackle bolts and they come with the bronze bushings.

Bob&Patty

Fat fingers........smarty. How's this... Zerk fittings.

Bones

Fat fingers........smarty. How's this... Zerk fittings.
I couldn't help myself. I have a small suspension upgrade on my Christmas list and the wet bolts are part of the upgrade

Bob&Patty

Someday you will have to buy me a cold one. I'm old and sometimes my fingers are not in tune with my mind.