LCI auto leveling malfunctioning

We have a brand new hold over 2015 cyclone 4114. It won't put down the middle or back jacks it just automatically drops the front of the camper to the ground until it times out. When you turn it on the rear light is constantly flashing! Can someone help me before my husband loses his cool lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary521

Try resetting the system first by unplugging from the controller, plugging back in, manually leveling the system, and going thru the reset process.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I never auto level. Manual level because it is easy and faster and less frustrating.
To each his own. But you can't tell me it easier and faster to stand there bushing buttons trying to auto level then it is to push 1 button and walk away. I can pull out my water hose and start hooking it up while it dose it's thing.
It doesn't get any easier !!!!
We'll until it let's you down that is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

To each his own. But you can't tell me it easier and faster to stand there bushing buttons trying to auto level then it is to push 1 button and walk away. I can pull out my water hose and start hooking it up while it dose it's thing.
It doesn't get any easier !!!!
We'll until it let's you down that is.

Agreed 100%. Love our Auto leveling feature. I will never own another RV without it.

avvidclif

Try resetting the system first by unplugging from the controller, plugging back in, manually leveling the system, and going thru the reset process.

Unplugging does no good, it uses a NOVRAM. When it goes stupid (locks up and won't do anything) the only solution I have found is to reset the level zero. Then you can manually level and set it again for true level.

Reset the level:
1. Controller OFF, (Not ON as some iterations of the procedure show)
2. Push UP arrow 10 times,
3. Push DOWN arrow 10 times,
4. It will show instructions on the screen.

It will now think this is a level situation and allow manual leveling. Once manually leveled then go thru the reset procedure again to establish a true memorized level.

Gary521

Whatever works! However, if you read some of Lippert's documentations, they suggest unplugging from the controller in certain situations.

pegmikef

Unplugging does no good, it uses a NOVRAM. When it goes stupid (locks up and won't do anything) the only solution I have found is to reset the level zero. Then you can manually level and set it again for true level.

Reset the level:
1. Controller OFF, (Not ON as some iterations of the procedure show)
2. Push UP arrow 10 times,
3. Push DOWN arrow 10 times,
4. It will show instructions on the screen.

It will now think this is a level situation and allow manual leveling. Once manually leveled then go thru the reset procedure again to establish a true memorized level.

I have had to do that. It took me several attempts to get the instructions to display. The LCI tech told me that some of the units can be pretty touchy and only responds to particular rythms when the up and down arrows are pushed. I tried it again and tried to use the same pace when pushing the up and down arrows and it worked. This is just a FWIW observation.

I have had to do that. It took me several attempts to get the instructions to display. The LCI tech told me that some of the units can be pretty touchy and only responds to particular rythms when the up and down arrows are pushed. I tried it again and tried to use the same pace when pushing the up and down arrows and it worked. This is just a FWIW observation.

This is ultimately what ended up
Working for us. thank goodness!

So your auto leveling is now working?

Question....did you test this at dealer during your PDI?

Yes it's working fine now! Yes everything has worked since we picked the camper up at the beginning of June up until Sunday it started acting funny. It all works now since we reset the 0 point.

My gateway 3700 PTB was level until it rained, now it is off just a little. I think it is due to being on soft ground. I have blocks under the feet. My question is, can I re- level with slides out or do I need to place them in?

dieseldogsdad

My gateway 3700 PTB was level until it rained, now it is off just a little. I think it is due to being on soft ground. I have blocks under the feet. My question is, can I re- level with slides out or do I need to place them in?

I always level with all the slides out. If you don't it may change slightly when you put them out.

dieseldogsdad

I was having some issues after my last trip last summer. When I got home I went to set the RV up to clean it out and the LevelUp shut itself off. Front jacks worked off the front switch. Just got done driving for 2 hours so battery should have been charged. Slides would go in and out. Battery level indicator showed full. Just the LevelUp was not working like it had no power. I then plugged in the RV to shore power and it came on but still didn't level the RV properly. I gave up and unloaded the RV and figured I would mess with it later. About a month later I was down at the camper looking for mice and tried to level it again. This time it worked fine although I don't like how even when it is on level ground it wants to lift the tires off the ground some times. I wish it would level itself in the lowest position possible instead of going so high all the time. Anyway I am thinking that one of the batteries must be going bad or something to make it malfunction like this. I find it kind of hard to believe that they are bad already, they are only a couple years old and I always keep shore power hooked up even when I am not using it just to keep the batteries charged. I also shut off the res. refrigerator and the inverter for it during storage. I just am kind of baffled why everything else worked that day but the LevelUp. Thoughts or suggestions?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Many times when there is an intermittent failure of electrical stuff the problem is a loose wire, mostly the neutral wire.
So I would suggest that you check all the connections as well as being sure that there is no corrosion at the battery terminals.
You mentioned that the batteries are always being charged but did not mention checking the electrolyte level. Is that up to par?
That's all I got.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I was having some issues after my last trip last summer. When I got home I went to set the RV up to clean it out and the LevelUp shut itself off. Front jacks worked off the front switch. Just got done driving for 2 hours so battery should have been charged. Slides would go in and out. Battery level indicator showed full. Just the LevelUp was not working like it had no power. I then plugged in the RV to shore power and it came on but still didn't level the RV properly. I gave up and unloaded the RV and figured I would mess with it later. About a month later I was down at the camper looking for mice and tried to level it again. This time it worked fine although I don't like how even when it is on level ground it wants to lift the tires off the ground some times. I wish it would level itself in the lowest position possible instead of going so high all the time. Anyway I am thinking that one of the batteries must be going bad or something to make it malfunction like this. I find it kind of hard to believe that they are bad already, they are only a couple years old and I always keep shore power hooked up even when I am not using it just to keep the batteries charged. I also shut off the res. refrigerator and the inverter for it during storage. I just am kind of baffled why everything else worked that day but the LevelUp. Thoughts or suggestions?
I'm leaning towards batteries too. If it works on shore power and not on battery power then it not the circuit breaker popping.
You can check your battery voltage by scrolling down on the Level-up control panel. A volt meter at the batteries is a better way though.
Also on level ground it shouldn't pick the tires off the ground. Mine has done that once for some odd reason.

I'd suggest check your batteries, check all of your battery cables, your ground to the frame, and all of the 3/8" nuts on the row of circuit breakers.
Once you have all of that fixed and good voltage. With all Level-up jacks up.
Go up in the top of the front compartmnent and you'll find the control box for the Level-up. First take a picture of how the wires are plugged in "just in case"..
Unplug all of the plugs in that box and wait a few minutes.
Then plug them all back in.
Now at the Level-up control box put it into MANUAL MODE and lower the jack manually. Lever the couch using manual control and a 3' level or close to that.. once you get it as level as possible and as low as possible TURN OFF the Level-up power.
Now with power off you will press up 10 times then down 10 times then it will beep and ask you to push enter to complete the process.
Then I'd just let it turn off on it's own.
I think up button is Right.
And Down is left.
Turn it back on and hit the AUTO LEVEL button.
After that you should be ready to go camping LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk