LCI auto leveling malfunctioning

Mrz

So I always auto level before putting the slides out. I read in one of the posts above to re-level after the slides are out. Would some post when to level and when put the slides out and is it necessary to re-level after the slides are out? I'm confused....

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My 2 cents
I believe it is better on all of the slide tracks, gears, and slide seals, to level the RV before you put the slides out. I also believe once the base of the RV is level with the 6 point Level-up system on good ground it should not change after you put the the slides out.
After you put the slides out you can take a look at the Level-up control panel and see if the light in the middle is still green that means you are level.
If you releveled it again it would go right back to that point. So I see no reason to do it again.

I unhook and hit the AUTO LEVEL button.
Then proceed to do the rest of my connections while it's doing it magic dance.
Once it's done and I have the sewer line hooked up I knock on the wall giving DW the signal to put the slides out. Within 5 minutes from unhooking we are set up and ready to enjoy our time together.

That just me...
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Great advice on auto leveling, slides out or in. When my rig has completed auto leveling, I have standing water in in the left front corner of my kitchen sink. This leads me to believe it is no level. I have not pulled my level out yet, but will when I get home. Any recommendations or wait until the heartland rally in June?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Until you use a 4 foot level you don't know if your sink/cabinet is off level or if the entire rig is off level.
When I use my level in the rig it seems that no matter where I put the level the bubble is a little different.
I just average it and call it a day.

Peace
Dave

plshilo

We used to have SOB, went to Goshen Rally & talked to LC I they All said to use level up system with All slides IN said it was easier to level a square box then one that had the slides out....just my opinion. We all can ask in June

dieseldogsdad

I'm leaning towards batteries too. If it works on shore power and not on battery power then it not the circuit breaker popping.
You can check your battery voltage by scrolling down on the Level-up control panel. A volt meter at the batteries is a better way though.
Also on level ground it shouldn't pick the tires off the ground. Mine has done that once for some odd reason.

I'd suggest check your batteries, check all of your battery cables, your ground to the frame, and all of the 3/8" nuts on the row of circuit breakers.
Once you have all of that fixed and good voltage.

Today I looked for any loose wires or nuts and couldn't find any. I am still really not understanding how the slide (including the hydraulic ones), the landing gear (if operated from front button) and everything else works fine on 12v but not the LevelUp. When I unplug from shore power it reads 13.2-13.3 volts and drops if you run something but not below maybe 12.5. Maybe I do need to just unplug the controller for a bit then reconnect. IDK

Until you use a 4 foot level you don't know if your sink/cabinet is off level or if the entire rig is off level.
When I use my level in the rig it seems that no matter where I put the level the bubble is a little different.
I just average it and call it a day.

Mine is the same way. You just have to find a happy medium. I usually use the frame for front to back and plumb the door jamb for side to side when I calibrate the LevelUp. That puts most stuff pretty close to level. When they build these things they must not use a level or they keep moving the coach around the factory without re-leveling it before their next step. Plus lets face it even the nicest RV's are still built pretty cheap and crappy compared to a quality built house. If you look under your floor in the front of the fifth wheel you will see what I mean.