Leak in cabinet to the right of sink....

Dylan

We have a 2009 3670RL, and where we keep the pots and pans, which is the cabinet to the right of the sink, I noticed a fair amount of water, that managed to collect in a pan, which was directly below the elbow, on the pvc pipe that comes from the sink and goes outside thru the bottom. I let the water run, and it is not coming from the sink. The only thing I can think of, is from outside somehow, and the water might hug the pipe, and when it hits the elbow, it drips?....if that makes any sense to anyone. Has anyone had the same thing happen? It did rain the night before I noticed this. I checked the roof the next day, and nothing jumped out at me.

danemayer

Hi Dylan,

If you can post a picture of the area that's leaking, it might help get some advice from people who don't have your exact model.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Make sure the gaskets at the drain in the sink are installed properly. There should one at the top under the strainer and one at the drain pipe under the sink. Happened to us.

Dylan

Yes, there is a vent, like your picture, but I don't think it's right near the sink like it is in your picture. I think it's above the elbow that I've mentioned (sorry, I'm not at the trailer right now), and it's in the cabinet to the right of the sink, not even in the same cabinet as the hot and cold water lines, or the sink itself. Does the vent unscrew?....how does one check it?

Dylan

Thanks Bob, but the leak is not under the sink, it's in the cabinet to the right, completely separate from sink.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Yes, there is a vent, like your picture, but I don't think it's right near the sink like it is in your picture. I think it's above the elbow that I've mentioned (sorry, I'm not at the trailer right now), and it's in the cabinet to the right of the sink, not even in the same cabinet as the hot and cold water lines, or the sink itself. Does the vent unscrew?....how does one check it?
The vent may unscrew. It should be above the elbow in the drains but will be below the countertop. What may be happening is when the sink is draining water may be backing up into the vent due to a partially clogged drain somewhere past the vent and elbow connection.
The vent is supposed to allow air into the drain line but prevent odors/gases from coming back into the cabinet similar to how a check valve in a water line works. If the drain is clogged. water could be filling up or siphoning back up past the vent check and running into your cabinet.

Pizzaguy

Check the nut that holds the sink strainer bowl into the sink. They have been loose on both our last two campers. Another place we have found a leak was on the supply line where the pex connects to the braided line for the faucet. To test the strainer bowls for leaks after physically tightening the nut, you need to fill the sink full and let it set,look for leak on underside of sink-then pull the strainer bowls out to let water quickly drain to check the rest of the fittings down there.Water has a way of migrating and may still be coming from the sink area and pooling in the low spot which may be in the cabinet next to the sink. I think the nuts get loose over time as you are traveling down the road.Let us know what you find out.