Leak under 2014 Cyclone 4100B

Riski

hadavysy.jpg

Greetings! I took delivery about 3 weeks ago and have noticed this leak. I can't see up under the rig due to the under panel. Any idea what it is from? It should be covered under the warranty but we are full timing due to work and can't take it back to the dealer due to the distance and time. I'm in the Redwood City, CA area. Can you recommend a Mobil repair service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since the majority of water that I see on the ground is under the UDC, I would check the fresh water hose connection.
If you find nothing there, remove the black wall in the basement and check the connections there.
Come back and let us know what you found.

Peace
Dave

scottyb

I just took delivery of our unit, the connecter on the back side of the city water is leaking

Greetings! I took delivery about 3 weeks ago and have noticed this leak. I can't see up under the rig due to the under panel. Any idea what it is from? It should be covered under the warranty but we are full timing due to work and can't take it back to the dealer due to the distance and time. I'm in the Redwood City, CA area. Can you recommend a Mobil repair service?

All the fittings on the backside of the 4-way valve and the water pump are thumbtight connections on mine. Get used to removing the basement wall. It seems like I am constantly removing it for some reason or another.

TXTiger

I too believe that it may just be the city water connection. Mine leaks sometimes also. Make sure the hose is secured tight.

Since the majority of water that I see on the ground is under the UDC, I would check the fresh water hose connection.
If you find nothing there, remove the black wall in the basement and check the connections there.
Come back and let us know what you found.

Peace
Dave

oscar

Is it in fact water? Feel, look, smell.

If water:

Remove the small panel inside the hatch there (four screws, and on ours it has a vacuum outlet) that is used to get to the back of the water heater for flipping the bypass valves. It also gets you to the back of UDC, and I THINK you'll be able to see the water pump. If it is water, there's a 90% chance you'll at least be able to see it. Yes, all the plastic fittings need to be tight but not too tight.

pboswmo

Had a leak in about the same spot on our 4100. Our source was the top connection on the hot water heater...can't remember if it was the hot or cold. The water ran down a hole and started filling the underbelly. Luckily my daughter noticed the water coming out in the spots like yours. I tightened the fitting and cut a small slice i the under panel to drain the water. Best of luck.

Lynn1130

If it is the city water hose connection it should be visible to someone observing the connection. If there is no water on the bottom of the UDC below the hose connection then it will take removing the wall to tell where the leak is. I see water just in back of the landing gear and wonder if water is not running from the UDC forward and coming out in that area also. Since the water on the ground seems to be migrating forward that might indicate the migration inside and below the UDC/Storage. In any event this looks like a pretty simple fix. That is, of course, if there are no fittings or lines cracked :)

Riski

Ok, now for the rest of the story... The connectors to the external hose were only hand tightened. Disconnected them, added a little plumber's tape, and tightened down. No more leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk