Leaving the Heartland North Trail Family...

GaryWT

... after 2 years. I have loved our NT 30QOK for the last 2 years and enjoyed many trips in it. We love the layout of this unit. Unfortunately the ground clarence has done us in. We have a couple of other concerns, mainly the axles and the front shell of the trailer, problems like others have had, but the height was the killer. The time it took to get in and out of the driveway, laying out boards so we would not lose the grey tank discharge, the jacks or the jack motors finally got too much. We found a unit that is higher and should let us avoid that problem and still had an outside kitchen with a TV so we are trading it in. It has been fun and I will keep looking to see North Trails on the road and in campgrounds.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thats too bad......your NT and most 5ers are real easy to raise a few inches. (w/blocks or shackles, or just flip the axle 180 deg.)

GaryWT

The end is near, the new Premier 31BHPR is in and we are doing paperwork. The height was not the only issue but the Premier has 3 inch axles vs. the 1.5 inch on the North Trail, this is a positive to me after hearing of some with bent axles. Good luck all, loved our NT 30QOK

jbeletti

Hi Gary,

Sorry the North Trail didn't work out for you long term due to the road/driveway vs the NT clearance.

Not sure if you looked at the new North Trails but pretty sure we're using Dexter axles on them now. As you compare the Bullet to the North Trail, be sure to compare the wall thickness and the roof/floor construction type. There are other differences. I do hear the Bullets are nice looking units. At the end of the day, you need to be happy and whatever brand of coach helps you achieve that is the right one for you.

Happy camping.

Jim