LED Awning Lights Added

f250dieseldad

Did you by chance take pics of the install? Where did you run the wiring for this? How did you get the remote deal into the power outlet box? Was it hard wired in? Been looking at doing this same thing for the last year. Even have a roll of the lights here just not mounted them yet.
Thanks or the post it does get some of us fired up about getting this mod done.
Pete
We didn't take pictures of the install. From the lights we ran the wire down the awning track. Then removed the caulk from the hole for the awning motor wire and pushed the light wire through the same hole. There is a carpeted race for the wires in the bedroom. I installed the control box in there and also removed the awning outlet and drilled a hole in the cover and secured the pickup in the hole and reinstalled the cover. I got the 12 volt power from the switch for the basement lights. It sounds like a lot but it was very easy. About a two hour job.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I just received my awning LEDs and it came with the 110 to 12 volt converter, is their a way just to run them straight to 12 volt? if so what would I need to do?

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
depending upon how the converter is wired to the lights you might just have to cut the 12 leads that come out of the 110v converter, as in there is a plug that goes into the light control box. leave both sides long enough to reattach.