Let the dig out begin!

porthole

Retired
11pm and this is the local radar shot, doesn't look much different from 4pm.

The latest advisory for is a a storm warning until 6am with 1-3" per hour accumulation. Have about 16-18+ now.

In 7 years We will be one of the people many complain about...............

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Don't feel bad...our son lives in Baltimore, where we use to live. Last count this evening they've got just about 2 feet!!!

Man I'm glad I'm in the RGV...:D

porthole

Retired
Oops - forgot the radar shot

oops again, seems didn't forget - .gifs don't work.

Attachments

• 11pm 12-19-09.jpg
    11pm 12-19-09.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 11

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Was watching the Cowboys & Saints FB game and they showed Pittsburgh Stadium with tractors scooping up snow.. ..

They should leave it on the field.. That would be an intresting gaame..

BTW... Go Cowboys... Wahoooo

BC

rick_debbie_gallant

I think that God is trying to tell us and the commander-in-chief, commander-of-banking, commander-of-auto's, commander-of-health care, and the commander-of-global warming that he ought to leave stuff alone. God has already created a perfect "union" (country) and that God is God. That global warming is HIS baby, and is what it is. Why else would Washington D.C; Copenhagen; Europe and other countries that dont get this much snow just get dumped on? Why? Because the weather causes the weather. Man is not big or great enough to change or cause change to it. Just my several cents worth about the snow. Dont get me started:eek:.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
4:30am still snowing and blowing. Made the coffee so John can get ready to go back to work. He's exhausted but still has a sense of humor. He cleaned off the truck and came in singing

"I'm dreaming of a GREEN Christmas when all these OT checks come through"........

rick_debbie_gallant

Well I guess everyone has more of a "White Christmas" than they bargained for. we are looking at about a 1 or 2 inch snow cover as we look out our front window while home for Christmas in Michigan. Everyone please drive safe and drink responsibly this holiday season. Remember our veterans in your prayers and thoughts. God Bless.

Jim/rsvl/AR

I think that God is trying to tell us and the commander-in-chief, commander-of-banking, commander-of-auto's, commander-of-health care, and the commander-of-global warming that he ought to leave stuff alone. God has already created a perfect "union" (country) and that God is God. That global warming is HIS baby, and is what it is. Why else would Washington D.C; Copenhagen; Europe and other countries that dont get this much snow just get dumped on? Why? Because the weather causes the weather. Man is not big or great enough to change or cause change to it. Just my several cents worth about the snow. Dont get me started:eek:.

You have it right!

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE

Nor me....:angel: Very well put.

porthole

Retired
Global warming caused by man - BS

Millions of years ago it was cold here, really cold. And it slowly got warmer. Without the aid of man.

I'm sure a million years after we are gone it will be too hot to support life.

And I for am not going to worry about it :D

bill40

Rick you are right the only problem is our fearless leader is listening to big Al the inventer of the internet. Bob you are right maybe the steelers could win one in the snow. Dallas did (although I thought they were going to give it away).
Not real bad here we ended up with 18in some of the areas a little south of us were in the mid twenties. Some of the schools in VA have cancelled school until after new years. Guess I will be picking the grandkids up so mom and dad can go to work.
Deb tell John we are thing of him too bad we don't live closer I'd ride shotgun with him.

4ever

Rick, you got that right.

You guys digging out take it easy and don't work to hard.

You gotta read this below.
Ted

<B>
US Weather Bureau Report

The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consul Ifft, at Bergen , Norway . Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers, he declared, all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met with as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared. Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts, which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

I’m sorry, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922 as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post.

For a complete background read extensive reports at

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/03/...-getting-warm-seals-vanish-and-icebergs-melt/

</B>

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
2 1/2 hour dig out with a snowblower. I don't know how the other folks are doing it. Lot's of strong backs I guess! I measured 26 inches in the back yard.

Bill, you would have to ride in a Ford to go shotgun with John but I guess if he can ride in your Chevy then you can ride in his Ford.

Uncle Rog

Bbq

I am going to "dig out" the utensils and spend the afternoon on the patio with some friends and huddle around the BBQ with an ice chest. With the wind chill factor it will be around 75 today. It has been a tough winter so far, it rained twice, once for three days! The trees look cleaner and the finch migration has started. They have moved about 20' when Suzi moved the feeder. Something is up though, lots of Canada Geese have been flying over. Good luck to those of you in the heartland!

MERRY CHRISTMAS.....................

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Jersey Plow Report:

John called to give Bill40 an update.

1 Dodge total loss to fire!:eek:
1 Chevy total loss to Engine Failure!:(
Rest of the fleet all Ford's still runnin' strong!:D:D:D

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
OK - I'll dive in head first!. The Ford made it thru the white stuff without a wimper. Went up my son's driveway and 20" of snow without spinning a single tire. It was fun!:D