Level up failure

brianlajoie

While checking on our trailer in storage, we noticed that the front was way down (pic 1). Opening the front compartment, the right valve/connection had a small amount of ATF on it (pic 2). The reservoir is nearly full (pic 3). The 4 rear legs are also extended which would explain some dip in the reservoir. The battery case and surrounding area had a very small amount of ATF. There is no ATF on the ground. I believe this is a mechanical failure of the valve - where it looks like the ATF went back into the reservoir. Has anyone experienced this? I have not contacted Lippert yet until I have some idea what needs to be done. Is it as straight forward as replacing the valves and bleeding the system?
20210628_141410.jpg 20210628_141754.jpg

20210628_141659.jpg 20210628_141738.jpg

09Busaman

I wish I could help you, posting to bring this to the front for more visibility. I have an issue with my Level Up system as well but I have a bad/stuck valve giving me fits. Still working on it.

brianlajoie

Possibly an internal leak in one of the jacks.
Hey Dan, How do I check for that? Since they are the front jacks, shouldn't I see something on the ground or in the trailer? Why would there be a tiny leak by the valve on top of the reservoir? Would the failure of the valve also be considered an internal leak?

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I’d replace hose(s) before I’d replace other hardware. We had similar experiences. One hose was quite wet and certainly leaking at the furl. Another wasn’t as detectable until I wrapped it with some toilet paper overnight. The next morning the red ATF was evident on the TP. I’ve replaced 3 hoses affecting the front landing jacks in the past yearCBC15311-EBB3-4BAB-B4E6-54C8272646A8.jpeg

brianlajoie

20210706_124129[1226].jpg 20210706_124943_01[1225].jpg

So I went back out to the trailer. I checked all 6 seals on the legs - dry as a bone. I checked the 4 rear fittings from pump to leg fittings - dry as a bone. Above on the left is another picture of the front leg line from the pump. I did a tissue test and there is no ATF on the crimp or the hose above it. It looks like the leak is at the connection of the crimp assembly to the valve stem. The second picture is the other end of the line and there is also ATF between the crimp connection and the housing. Above the crimp, there is no ATF residue on the upper crimp/hose. I check the fittings to both front legs through the propane areas and they are also dry. I do not know where else there could be a leak.

My wife had an idea if possibly in February we had a mild winter until then and then went brutally cold fairly quickly. Could this cause a pressure change / leak at the fitting connection? I didn't bring my tools with me, but I'm wondering if all I need to do is check the tightness of the connection of the crimp assembly to the two valve stems and test the level up system??? Any thought?

Last edited:

brianlajoie

UPDATE: We had a mobile tech visit the trailer. After testing the front legs for the seal failure, a call to Lippert suggested to check the solenoid to see if the was partial sticking - none found.

The middle level-up leg on the drivers side had a failed internal seal. Also found was the short hose from the pump to the front control manifold was starting to rupture from the inside out. The leak on the valves was due to self loosening fittings. Parts ordered and will be fixed when they arrive.