Level-Up Issue/

KBleezy

Yesterday we retracted the jacks on our Arlington to place pads underneath. When we hit Auto Level and it completed its operation, the door side tires were both several inches off the ground. We tried again and now the front door side tire is about 1/4 an inch of the ground. I'm not sure what else to try. Any guidance?

Thanks!

Kevin and Tammy (and Denali)
San Antonio, TX
2017 LM Arlington

2017 Ram 3500 Dually
  • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
  • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73

Oregon_Camper

Is RV level while the tires are off the ground?

If you don't like the tires off the ground (assuming it is level while they are off ground), you can raise them even more and slide some boards under them...then lower down. Auto level again and the height won't exceed board height now and tires stay on the boards.

Gary521

First thing to try is to recalibrate the level point. Manually level and then do the recal.

ksucats

I have found that if I leave the coach with the front struts at the same height as when I disconnected from the truck, my level-up does the same thing - it levels the coach but the tires are off the ground.

I've found that if I lower the front end (I've been known to take it down to the very bottom if the ground slopes much) and then run the level-up system, the coach levels with the tires firmly on the ground, in most cases.

Mrsfish

I have found that if I leave the coach with the front struts at the same height as when I disconnected from the truck, my level-up does the same thing - it levels the coach but the tires are off the ground.

I've found that if I lower the front end (I've been known to take it down to the very bottom if the ground slopes much) and then run the level-up system, the coach levels with the tires firmly on the ground, in most cases.

Ditto. This is also how I was taught by the lippert installers after we added the level up after market.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ditto. This is also how I was taught by the lippert installers after we added the level up after market.

That doesn't make sense to me. If you lower the front down from the height it is when you pull the truck out before you hit the "Auto Level button", then you no longer can use the "Return to truck height" feature. Seems odd that they would teach you that way.
When I unhitch and pull the truck out of the way, I then push the Auto-Level button, the front of my RV lowers way down below level front to rear, on its own before it starts lowering the rear jacks. Then it levels side to side at the lowest position possible, then it brings the front back up to level. Then you hear the BEEP :)

You might try to manually level it then as low as possible the do the re-calibration on it.
Power OFF 10 up 10 down and press enter.

Jerrod

Oregon_Camper

When I unhitch and pull the truck out of the way, I then push the Auto-Level button, the front of my RV lowers way down below level front to rear, on its own before it starts lowering the rear jacks. Then it levels side to side at the lowest position possible, then it brings the front back up to level.

This is the exact process I use and my system follow what Jerrod said above. I have never lowered by front end first....then hit "auto-level" button.

donr827

I was told to have the front a little higher then level. Always worked for me. I guess the brain doesn't like to start from level.
Don

avvidclif

The instructions for the Level-Up Maybe on mine show that the front must be high (above level) before pushing the Auto-Level button for it to work correctly.

danemayer

In order to unhitch, I have to raise the front of the trailer above level. I think in 7 years there might have been one campsite so unlevel that after unhitching, the nose was below level. And when I leveled, the front landing gear were almost all the way retracted.

And you're not supposed to auto-level while hitched.

So I'm wondering how it is that you're not nose high when pressing auto-level.

ksucats

Don't know about the 'return to truck height' because mine has never worked from day one. Dealer tried to demonstrate it, I've read the book, and several other posts on it and can't get it to work. Regardless, if I push the autolevel button from the height that I unhitched at, the front will drop some to 4 maybe 5 inches below where it started. From there it will attempt to auto level, and in my driveway that results in all four wheels being off of the ground. If I take the front to almost fully retracted and then autolevel, it levels with all four wheels firmly on the ground. In both cases the coach is level (as checked with a four foot level inside the coach. Our tailgate parking area is nose low to begin with so I normally add a few 4X4 blocks up front and then autolevel. Same process and it works like a champ. If I don't take the front struts to almost fully retracted, the coach will not level - I get the notice that the struts are fully extended and can not level. :confused::confused:

Again, I've pretty much given up on the 'return to truck height' - would love to get that to work properly but truth be told, since I didn't have it on my previous coaches I really don't know what I'm missing :cool::cool:.

NYSUPstater

Never having the auto-level before, we think this is the cat's azz. That being said, we use the outside rocker switch to lower the front legs to unhook. Pull truck out, then hit auto-level. Unit does it's thing (looks odd having the front kneel down only to raise back up) and just over a minute later.....done. To hook up, our son likes to use the manual retract of the 4 rear legs, then the outside rocker switch again to raise/lower the front end to meet hitch height. Wife on the other hand says if we have the auto-retract/hook up, why not use it. She has operated it w/ son watching (I'm in the truck). In talking w/ our son, I like his method better. There have been a couple of times that when we've unhooked at home, the right side tires have come off the ground. Odd yes, but never really thought much of it.

BTW, the couple of times we used the auto-hook up, RV still wasn't at same un-hook position so still had to use rocker switch.

CoveredWagon

Never having the auto-level before, we think this is the cat's azz. That being said, we use the outside rocker switch to lower the front legs to unhook. Pull truck out, then hit auto-level. Unit does it's thing (looks odd having the front kneel down only to raise back up) and just over a minute later.....done. To hook up, our son likes to use the manual retract of the 4 rear legs, then the outside rocker switch again to raise/lower the front end to meet hitch height. Wife on the other hand says if we have the auto-retract/hook up, why not use it. She has operated it w/ son watching (I'm in the truck). In talking w/ our son, I like his method better. There have been a couple of times that when we've unhooked at home, the right side tires have come off the ground. Odd yes, but never really thought much of it.

BTW, the couple of times we used the auto-hook up, RV still wasn't at same un-hook position so still had to use rocker switch.

Thats what I love about the Andersen hitch, raise it up let it down. Just as long as the socket clears the ball, height doesn't matter.