Level-up Landing Pad Idea

alanfred

Apply Rhino spray bed liner to the bottom of landing pad. This will increase friction when leveling on asphalt or smooth concrete, especially in the rain.

Just wondering if the coating would hold up.

hoefler

If you look at the legs, they are attached at a slight angle. This is what stabilizes it when set. They will need to slide as they level the coach. Your coating would be wiped off the first or second time they are used.

RoadJunkie

I guess I'm not sure what problem coating the pads would solve. I use wheel chocks to keep the rig from moving and doubt that the landing gear would hold up to a sliding coach for very long. If there is any flex on the landing pad steel, then I don't think the Rhino material will stay applied.

alanfred

If you look at the legs, they are attached at a slight angle. This is what stabilizes it when set. They will need to slide as they level the coach. Your coating would be wiped off the first or second time they are used.

You're right, they are at an angle, and need to slide, didn't even think about that. Thanks for saving me the expense. I owe you a cold beer :).

alanfred

I guess I'm not sure what problem coating the pads would solve. I use wheel chocks to keep the rig from moving and doubt that the landing gear would hold up to a sliding coach for very long. If there is any flex on the landing pad steel, then I don't think the Rhino material will stay applied.

Idea officially scrapped!