Level-up system bending frame

captjimmy

Hello all. I have a 2015 Heartland Road Warrior RW355. I unhitched the trailer on a level street, threw jack pads under the landing gear feet and used the level-up system to level the trailer. I went out a little while later and noticed that one of the hydraulic cylinders on the passenger side was leaning out. Upon further inspection, the foot was bent and the frame seems to be bent as well. Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone have any solutions or an way of straightening the frame? Thanks.
JIM

jbeletti

Hello all. I have a 2015 Heartland Road Warrior RW355. I unhitched the trailer on a level street, threw jack pads under the landing gear feet and used the level-up system to level the trailer. I went out a little while later and noticed that one of the hydraulic cylinders on the passenger side was leaning out. Upon further inspection, the foot was bent and the frame seems to be bent as well. Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone have any solutions or an way of straightening the frame? Thanks.
JIM

Jim - sorry to hear of this. Odd that it just bent like that. Perhaps you can post a few pictures. I'll fix your user account so you can add them now.

I suggest you contact Lippert (866-524-7821) directly and engage them on the repair. Perhaps the frame will need to be reinforced via boxing it in and welding in a cross-beam (side-to-side).

avvidclif

Just a thought but the jacks are designed to be at an angle, 3-5 deg IIRC. It adds stability. And the feet can tilt to match unlevel ground. It could it's all normal.

LBR

They are angled a few degrees for stability as mentioned. Our CY driver's front looks angled a skootch more than passenger side, but has been like that from day one.