Level-up touch pad won't work

hcriddle

My touch pad for my 6 point level up will not turn on. I can unplug the touch pad and plug back in and it will come on and work so-so. Some buttons will work and some won't. I called Lippert last week and after six phone calls and some time checking the voltage to the touch pad they determined the controller was bad. They sent me a new controller for $314 and I plugged it in yesterday and still have the same problem. I called Lippert back and they had no idea who I was or what I was talking about and could not tell me what to do other than contact parts. I called them today and they said sorry it is an electrical part and can't be returned. So I am $314 lighter and still can't get my level up to come on. I have done a search and didn't see any similar problems. Any of you experts have a suggestion on what to look for. I am pretty simple and thought I just needed a new touch pad. Thanks for any help.

Buddy

carl.swoyer

Low battery charge. Loose wires? Mine does that intermittently. Corrosion on contact s ?

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

pegmikef

I saw that happen once and it turned out to be corrosion on the battery cables. I also saw once the pad would come on, but the response in extending the jacks was intermittent. Again turn out to be corrosion on the battery cables resulting in low batteries.

danemayer

Buddy,

It does sound like connector-itus. Either power not reliably getting to the touchpad or a poor ground somewhere. You might want to start at the pump and make sure all connections are clean and tight.

hcriddle

Thanks guys. Mike you were right on! Went out and took a wire brush to the cables and viola started right up. That's what I get for starting with the manufacturer instead of starting here with the guys who know what they are doing. You folks are the best!

carl.swoyer

Glad it's working. Maybe you can sell the spare part

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !