Liberty / Joy Rider

jjwink

Has anyone had Liberty/JoyRider put on their fifth wheel? I am looking at this system or IS and would like pros and cons.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Both systems would better than the original suspension. Over the years on 3 different trailers I have tried 3 different suspension systems and the one I like best is the MorRyde IS system. It appears with the vendors specials it is about $ 1000.00 more than the Liberty Rider system. If you decide to go with the MorRyde IS system you can add Disc brakes for an additional $ 2800.00.

dave10a

Intuition says the Joyrider should be better because of of change in angle for the shockabsorbers and the alignment system seems simple and effective.Without using simulation software it is difficult to see how effective the shocks really are with the suspension that dual axle trailers have. The engineers that designed those axle systems are not stupid and chose those shock angles for some good reason. Maybe it’s because the axles go up and down as well a lateral movement is the reason. Many after market vendors take advantage of our intuition tosell there products to solve problems that may not really exist. Also that axle alignment seems better and more precise than the CorrectTrack as well as not raising the trailer two additional inches. That may be an advantage assuming the alignment bolts don’t move or loosen. I my mind the jury is still out and I would like see testresults on simulation software, which is hard to find other than anengineering testing lab.

Independent suspension and disk brakes are the best way to go if you can afford it and do long distance travel to justify it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Personally, if I were fulltime and traveling like some folks on this forum, I'd invest in IS. But we don't travel that many miles. Some of our trips are long, but not often. So we are investing in MorRyde 4000SRE, and upgrading the brand of shock to Bilstein (leaving them in the same location.) less than $1k installed. Our hope is this will give a smoother ride without breaking the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjwink

Thanks for the input. We had JoyRider on our 2011 Landmark Rushmore and it really helped. Our new 2017 Syracuse is 3' shorter. We are not full time but do put lots of miles on our fiver - AZ or FL for winter, monthly trips with camping club. Can't get in to Moryde until late July because they are two techs short so we have time to definitely decide. Hope to get more info at the rally.

paulh

Thanks for the input. We had JoyRider on our 2011 Landmark Rushmore and it really helped. Our new 2017 Syracuse is 3' shorter. We are not full time but do put lots of miles on our fiver - AZ or FL for winter, monthly trips with camping club. Can't get in to Moryde until late July because they are two techs short so we have time to definitely decide. Hope to get more info at the rally.

On my Landmark, I tried the Joyrider system and then upgraded to the IS. With Joyrider, you get one size shock, it doesn't matter if you have a North Trail or a Landmark. Yeah, it helped a little but nothing like the IS - no comparison. With IS my coach was weighed and the system was built specifically for it, not a one size fits all.

EB3

I suspect that the acute angle of factory shocks was done because it required the minimum modification to the existing frame. I invite you to look at the rear axle of your truck or any truck you will see the shocks basically move up and down. Liberty Rider has three different packages according to axle weight. I can't say for sure about the shock size. The best answer is to call the mfg and ask them. You might want to look into axle roll during hard braking. Independent axles eliminates axle roll. Yes I am installing both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We have the Joyrider system on ours and it helps. Its an improvement from stock but like Paul said, there is no substitute for the IS system.

Rod