Lift kit for a camper

Tsage

First I apologize if this topic is already on here or if it is in the wrong place (still getting use to technology).
Ok, down to business. I am looking for feed back on putting a lift kit on our camper. We have a 27fqbs and I would like to have some more clearance for the mountains, much less getting in and out of the driveway. Are they worth it? Are they difficult to do? Also how much bigger of a tire can I put on to help? It is a tandem axle. All thoughts and opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OEFVET

A lift kit is not difficult. You will be adding blocks between the axles and springs. You will need to have longer U bolts. I suspect if you get a complete kit it will come with everything you need. Your biggest challenge will be getting a hitch to give you the proper even ride height. Tires depend on the lift. I would not go any higher than 4" lift. I'm not sure what it will cost you but worth is totally dependent on you and your need for it.

Last edited:

'Lil Guy'

- - - Updated - - -

By adding the correct trac alignment system you gain 2". I needed more so went to larger wheel and taller tires. Look at your clearance and also between the tires. You should be able to judge how much more tire height you can stand. Just make sure to adjust your hitch for a level tow.

MP_CS

Just did 3" to my fiver. Got the u bolts from a local parts store that custom makes them and had a machinist friend make me blocks. Hardest part was lifting off ground for the install. Towed it about 500 miles over the weekend and couldn't see any difference from stock. I personally wouldn't go over 3". If you need more do 3" blocks and larger LT tires. Tire size you'll just have to research.

IMG_0557.jpg