Lift Supports for Bed

Manzan

I attached two 3/4" plywood blocks the the lid and then attached the brackets to the blocks. It was high quality plywood so didn't have to deal with voids or splintering.

ZNK

Makes sense the blocks would be smart. I would like to see how it looks as well. Id be tempted to change out the particle board for plywood. But right now I cannot handle more weight.

RuralPastor

Makes sense the blocks would be smart. I would like to see how it looks as well. Id be tempted to change out the particle board for plywood. But right now I cannot handle more weight.
Jack,
We changed out the chip board to 1/2" baltic birch plywood. Best thing we've ever done. Super smooth and no voids or splinters. It really isn't much heavier than the flake board. My bed raises with two fingers now after realigning the gas pistons forward a bit.

PeternLiane

With the NT 106+ miles away, we were finally able to bring home our NT this weekend. I was finally able to get this project underway. I also got it all done tonight. It works great with the memory foam mattress. One hand lift and one hand lower. The DW even said wow that's nice. I didn't change out the particle board. But I sealed it and added the self stick tiles to it. Now I cant wait to go camping next weekend.

teamlkc

The lifts look like a nice resolution. Has anyone thought about or seen cabinet doors on the sides instead of having to lift the bed at all? Wasn’t sure if that would compromise the integrity at all of the bed structure.

PeternLiane

The lifts look like a nice resolution. Has anyone thought about or seen cabinet doors on the sides instead of having to lift the bed at all? Wasn’t sure if that would compromise the integrity at all of the bed structure.

I have never seen cabinet doors on a bed compartment before, but I don't seen why it would work. Especially if you build up the frame around the doors. I have seen a pull out drawer on one under bed compartment. It worked really well. We just would have any room to do that in our NT though. So the lifts were the best if not the only choice for us.

CliffP

We were thinking about drawers on each side of the bed. We'd still put in the lift supports to access between the drawers under the bed.

ZNK

I think it would be nice to put two drawers on each side, basically making a dresser for each side. This could help for keeping your clothes. I know in our we only really have the clothing storage above the bed in the cabinets. It would be best to get drawers that fully extend.