Light Behind The Outside Steps Won't Come On

BobnBet

We can't figure out how to turn on the light behind the door steps on our 2013 Bighorn 3685RL. We haven't found a switch. We thought it should turn on with the remote (according to forum posts), but it doesn't. My husband checked the bulb and it is okay. Does anyone know what we should check next? We are 200 miles from our dealer, so we have done many minor repairs ourselves with the help of the forum. (Thank you guys!) This one has us baffled though.

danemayer

I'm not familiar with how you operate it, but I believe the door step light should be controlled by the remote. Does the remote work on other things? Is there a manual for the remote in your manuals pouch?

Speedy

It's not on the remote. As others have said, look for a set of switches near the door or inside steps.

BobnBet

The remote works fine with all the other things...slides, awnings, etc., but not with the step light. We didn't get a manual for the step light.

danemayer

The remote works fine with all the other things...slides, awnings, etc., but not with the step light. We didn't get a manual for the step light.
BobnBet,

Next thing to do would be to check voltage at the light bulb socket while operating the remote. If a particular button is dedicated to this light, I suppose it could be a bad button. I'd put my money on an electrical problem first though. Don't forget to check the 12V fuse panel for a blown fuse.

If it needs a dealer repair, and you have to wait a while until you get back to the dealer, you might pick up a small motion-sensor LED light at Lowes. I think they're around $12. I found one that has a magnetic base. Sit it on the step and move the switch to AUTO. It stays off until you approach the steps.

sengli

on our 2013 it is only on the remote, i think they call it the outside light. You would think its to control the porch light, but its not. Its the yellow light behind the stairs.