light switch

D

dlpmx

Speaking of light switches, one of the things I thought was an oversight on our 2011 RW 405 is the lack of a light switch on the wall immediately as you walk in the front door. Having to open up the control panel above the kitchen sink and feel around for the correct switch when it's pitch black in the desert seems inconvenient. I was wondering if there is a way to install a switch "after the fact" or maybe an idea for future design.

Looking at the pics on Heartlands site you have the same problem I had. I put a switch on the wall just above the counter in the wallpaper border.The switch for the 395 lights is 12VDC so any automotive store will have them. Maybe some one can tell me if their the same for the 405. If so a dealer or a auto mechanic could install one for you in 20-30 min. I installed a 12V dimmer and from start to finish including cutting a hole in the wall for the switch took 30 min. Had to cut one wire splice into the 2 ends and fish about 3 feet of wire. Now I leave the control panel switch in the on position and control the lights with the added switch.
The reason I did the dimmer was 5 lights with 10 bulbs on the ceiling.You ether couldn't see or it was so bright you were blind and to turn them to low you have to get a stool out.(I know I'm hard to please) Now I'm looking at adding a switch to the bathroom.