Lighting Pilot light on oven

Bob Vaughn

I got mine at Lowes, I had to go to Radio Shack and buy some wire to extend the wires so they would reach. I then Had to modify the bracket in order to get the ignitor close enough to the pilot light to make it work.

Sandie

We used an RV oven in our first travel trailer once and that was it! After that they are used for storage. We invested in a counter top oven and it has more room than the stove one and I use it outside too. $59.00 at Walmart and worth every penny. Those RV ones scare the **** out of me.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was thinking of adding a grill ignitor and have a question. What prevents the wire from getting too hot in the oven?

ParkIt

We used an RV oven in our first travel trailer once and that was it! After that they are used for storage. We invested in a counter top oven and it has more room than the stove one and I use it outside too. $59.00 at Walmart and worth every penny. Those RV ones scare the **** out of me.
Curious, what model did you replace it with? There are a few at a local Second Use warehouse that would fit the opening we have that are "residential apartment" made.

At first I thought it was user error on getting the oven lit using the built in pilot then found it has to be done manually. Baffling, going to check into a BBQ kit soon. That makes me go "hmmm" when it comes to the appliances since most all in the class A series had a built in pilot that lit the oven. Wondering if there were too many people without eyebrows complaining to dealers and manufacturers???

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree, RV oven pilots are a pain to light.
Funny how spoiled we have gotten.
When I was a kid every oven had to be lit manually. For those of you old enough, remember that little match hole inside the oven near the door? Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2