Lippert Auto Levelers - Fluid Type?

sbhoward

I have the Lippert 6 point levelers on my BC and I believe I am low on hydraulic fluid. Have read the documentation I found here online ( nothing provided by dealer).

It says ask the manufacturer for the type of fluid used but I wanted to check here first. From reading the forum, I believe it is Transmission Fluid - Type F.

Can anyone confirm or correct me on this? Am on the road in Montana and would like to take care of my issue ASAP.

It also appears I should fill the reservoir to within a 1/4 inch of top with all legs retracted. !/4 inch from top?

Thanks!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the Lippert 6 point levelers on my BC and I believe I am low on hydraulic fluid. Have read the documentation I found here online ( nothing provided by dealer).

It says ask the manufacturer for the type of fluid used but I wanted to check here first. From reading the forum, I believe it is Transmission Fluid - Type F.

Can anyone confirm or correct me on this? Am on the road in Montana and would like to take care of my issue ASAP.

It also appears I should fill the reservoir to within a 1/4 inch of top with all legs retracted. !/4 inch from top?

Thanks!

Correct

hoefler

Should be Dextron, not type F. And that is correct, legs retracted and close to the top. When the levelers are deployed, the fluid will go way down.

rhodies1

Thanks!
As stated is is regular Dextron as used in older Chev products,can be purchased at any auto store.Regular Dextron

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Actually it looks like any ATF or a few others will work.
Mine has the type F ATF.
Others that will work are the TorcoRFF Grade 15 Fork Oil, Maxima Fork Oil Grade 15 and Caaterpillar Hydraulic Oil Additive 1U-9891.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

oldelmer1

If you camp when its a little cold out, you might want to top it off with some Case Low Friction Additive so you dont get the popping noise.

Just noticed you are from California, so, never mind.....