Lippert buys Dexter Frame Company

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I guess you call this buying up the competition, which is a way to survive if the market takes a downturn. You become the only one out there. The rate they are going they will own every company that manufacturers their components.
http://chassissuspension.automotive...acquires-assets-of-rv-chassis-business-240811

Wow...sounds like a good stock to look at. Does that mean Dexter and Lippert will now move up and down in quality to be more or less the same? Just a thought. Wonder when Lippert will buy Dometic then they will really corner the market.

wdk450

As I understand this, the Dexter Axles and brakes division don't seem to be mentioned, or am I in error???

jbeletti

My source tells me that this acquisition did NOT include Dexter's Axle, Spring and Brake business.

Jim

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
One company buying up all the competition, normally is not the best thing for consumers. JMHO

Uncle Rog

When my suspension went south, under warranty, Lippert sent out a guy to replace the whole program.........
I can't say much bad about 'em......................

Westwind

Someone told me that a Frame Manufacturer will build anything a RV Manufacturer wants (Specs = $$). Many times the componet manufacturer gets blamed for what the RV Manufacturer requested. Sometimes we need to think before we point the finger.