Lippert Leveling system not working

Chief51

Hi gang,
We have a 2014 Heartland Cyclone toy hauler. It’s been fantastic up until 15 hours ago. All 6 hydraulic jacks are fully extended to the point of lifting the tires well off the ground. Now, the jacks will not retract. The Lippert 3.0 will turn on, but when I push any button, I can hear a “clicking” noise from up front and nothing happens. The Lippert screen says: “jacks retracting”, but nothing happens. Nothing works in manual mode or any other mode. The battery is charged.
Could I have blown a solenoid?
Any other ideas to help?
Thank you all!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Is the battery charged? What does the level up screen say?

More likely a weak 50A auto reset breaker to the hydraulic pump. On my bighorn those breakers are on a buss bar in the genny compartment

Lyle

1726599677821.jpeg

Chief51

Thank you!
Battery was just charged yesterday. I took it out, charged it all day and put it back. It’s full. The screen will say “retracting jacks”. But nothing happens.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thank you!
Battery was just charged yesterday. I took it out, charged it all day and put it back. It’s full. The screen will say “retracting jacks”. But nothing happens.
The controller is sending the command but there isn’t any power going to the pump.
Are you versed with a multi meter?
You need to know where the power loss is. Start at the pump and work backwards toward the battery
I’m still betting on that 50A breaker is tripped

Lyle

CoveredWagon

I had this exact same problem
Check for power at the solenoid valve It's marked + (the big red wire). From there to the negative battery post. In my case the circuit breaker gave up the ship. Quick fix is to jump the + post on the solenoid valve to the + post on the battery. In my case there was a spare circuit breaker which I'm using now.

Last edited:

david-steph2018

Hi gang,
We have a 2014 Heartland Cyclone toy hauler. It’s been fantastic up until 15 hours ago. All 6 hydraulic jacks are fully extended to the point of lifting the tires well off the ground. Now, the jacks will not retract. The Lippert 3.0 will turn on, but when I push any button, I can hear a “clicking” noise from up front and nothing happens. The Lippert screen says: “jacks retracting”, but nothing happens. Nothing works in manual mode or any other mode. The battery is charged.
Any other ideas to help?
Thank you all!
Are the batteries from 2014?
You said you charged the batteries and reinstalled. The battery could be bad and will not hold a charge when load is applied. I would suggest taking the battery for a load test, before digging into the solenoid. If a breaker is not tripped, start with testing the battery.

Also, double check the battery connections make sure nice and tight.

Last edited:

healem66

Hi gang,
Any other ideas to help?
Thank you all!
On my Bighorn if I hold the slides out button to long once the slides are extended it will trip a mini breaker to the hydraulic pump. There is a gang of these breakers together above the battery on the side door where the pump is located. Look several red wires going to a bus bar. The reset is hard to see,just a little tab that pops out on the side of each mini breaker. You almost have to run your finger down the side of it to find it.
Good luck.
Mark

Chief51

The controller is sending the command but there isn’t any power going to the pump.
Are you versed with a multi meter?
You need to know where the power loss is. Start at the pump and work backwards toward the battery
I’m still betting on that 50A breaker is tripped

Lyle
Thank you sir!! You were correct about the power. I had just charged the battery and it tested ok, but it wasn’t holding a charge. It drained. I replaced it with a new battery and it’s all fixed. Something actually simple!
Thank you again!!

NYSUPstater

Thank you sir!! You were correct about the power. I had just charged the battery and it tested ok, but it wasn’t holding a charge. It drained. I replaced it with a new battery and it’s all fixed. Something actually simple!
Thank you again!!
When I had the Flex-Armor put on, for whatever reason, the Fantastic fans were on and the single batt went dead before I was able to pick it up. Had to remove 1 batt form the truck (dually diesel) to power the jacks. Once done, put truck batt back in and came home. RV batt bit the dust shortly thereafter after 7 years, so can't complain in that department. years ago we dry camped w/ a different RV and brought our portable genny. Good thing we did cuz the RV batt went south and had to use the genny to "charge" the batt up/power the jacks.

CoveredWagon

When I had the Flex-Armor put on, for whatever reason, the Fantastic fans were on and the single batt went dead before I was able to pick it up. Had to remove 1 batt form the truck (dually diesel) to power the jacks. Once done, put truck batt back in and came home. RV batt bit the dust shortly thereafter after 7 years, so can't complain in that department. years ago we dry camped w/ a different RV and brought our portable genny. Good thing we did cuz the RV batt went south and had to use the genny to "charge" the batt up/power the jacks.
I've been known to use jumper cables from the truck 😉