Lippert Linc Wireless Remote

Al.K

I'm having some trouble with our wireless remote. After shutting off the main power for while, between trips. Our remote seems to loose it's sync to the receiver. This happened once before. It was corrected by the dealer, while performing some other warranty repairs. My question is this-I found the programing/syncing instructions in the owners manual section. Instructions are pretty clear except the part about the black button on the receiver. It looks like it might be on the back side of the main switch panel for all of the manual controls. Can anyone help me with this one? Am I doing something wrong on the main power shut off to cause the remote to lose its sync? Thanks,Allen

Al.K

Called Heartland. They verified the receiver should be on the back side of the panel with all of the manual switches. Pulled the panel, but found nothing but wiring for the switches. Called Lippert, and they want me to take it to any repair facility of my choice. The remote looks like its OK, but not communicating with the receiver. I would like to take care of this myself. If I could find the receiver. Guess I will try Heartland again tomorrow. With my new findings.

danemayer

Allen,

I seem to remember someone finding the "brain" behind a panel in one of the cabinets close to the door. Location could vary by floorplan. Look closely inside the cabinets for an access panel.

Pizzaguy

Not sure of your floor plan, but we have wht looks like a cold air return vent grill above cabinet with all the switches. If you have that, take the cover off and there is a false front behind there. The brain is behind the false front (plywood) behind that grill.

dbbls59

Although mine in a Big Country, it might be in the same place. Mine is behind the grill above the shallow closet door which is by the entrance door. Mine lost the bedroom slide function and the dealer reprogramed it. I see that Pizzaguy's and mine are the same floor plan, but his is a Bighorn.

Al.K

Called Heartland, and got more info on finding the brain to the linc system and the access panel. After trying the grill/vent cover I found ours in the same cabinet/cupboard as the switch panel. There is a piece of the paneling, held on by two screws. Tried the reset, but nothing. I did check for power to the brain/board, and it was OK. Looks like I will have to take it in for repairs after our trip to Oregon.

brw549

Not sure where my remote brain for this system is located either but, the only item I have found useful on the remote is the flashlight. If i use the slide button my side begins to open and stops after approx three foot of movement. The awning does the same. The outside lights do work but, it would great if they were individually controlled. I'm sure the campers next to me don't enjoy having my lights shinning into their camper when I go out at night.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
I haven't had a issue with ours, but you got me thinking !! I've used my remote many times but haven't charged the remote yet. Could this cause a commutation problem If the remotes on low battery power ?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We also haven't had any problems with ours and use it religiously. I love the ability to be anywhere inside or outside to check clearances and see everything as it operates. What a great invention IMHO. 😎:cool:

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

priorguy

We also haven't had any problems with ours and use it religiously. I love the ability to be anywhere inside or outside to check clearances and see everything as it operates. What a great invention IMHO. :cool:

Agreed, plus it's quite impressive to deploy the power awning while pulling up to our seasonal site in the truck. Very handy if there's some rain arriving or departing.

mslater

my 3585 didn't work when i received it from the dealer a couple of days ago, it worked last week on my training day. i found the linc brain by removing the vent above the switches look down toward the switches and you will see the controller . it has a small black button towards the bottom , center... push it while you push on the light icon on the remote at the same time ...you should hear a faint click ....fixed mine... vert easy

Al.K

I tried everything I could on my own. Called Lippert, tried to resync. My dealer gave me another remote to try. Nothing worked. I took the coach back to the dealer and they are still waiting on a replacement brain/circuit board to replace the original. We have them addressing a few other small issues we found on our last trip. So its not a trip for just the one item. Thanks for the responses.