Lippert stabilizer not retracting

Mckeiffer

Hi all. I have a problem w my new to me 2014 North Trail. The rear stabilizer jacks make a LOT of noise and retract VERY slowly. I think the motor is good because they extend no problem. Where do I begin to know what is wrong?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Plug your umbilical cord back into the tow vehicle and try it again with the engine running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

I regularly crawl under the trailer and lubricate the threaded rod that moves the legs with spray grease or Tri-Flow spray.
You may have some sort of jamming in the gear reduction assembly mounted to the motor, which can have jamming in just one direction.
Replacement Klauber (brand) motors can be found on E-Bay for much less than Lippert charges you to re-sell these same motors.
Here is a Google search on these motors and stabilizer assemblies:

Mckeiffer

Thanks for the suggestions. I've lubricated the threaded rod and all the pivoting points. The batteries are charged and in good shape. Plugging into the truck makes no difference. I found the crank to operate them manually and they retract quicker than with the motor but still make a lot of noise.
wdk450, I will look into the gear reduction assembly and thanks for the motor info