lithium 2414 12v shut off.

AAAPREZ

Hello all. Just picked up a 2021 lithium 2414. Can anyone tell me how to shut off the 12v system while in storage? I see a switch above the thermostat however the lighting was still working and I don't know what that switch does.

Any inform would be helpful. Thanks

taskswap

Many coaches are built without a shutoff switch. Our Milestone 386BH doesn't have one. They're cheap and (relatively) easy to add, if you're handy. One easy option is always to just disconnect it. It only takes 20 seconds with a wrench and it's not like you do it every day...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
To expand on what has been said about disconnecting the battery be sure to disconnect the white neutral (-) terminal.

Peace
Dave

AAAPREZ

Agree, Just wanted to check and see if there was one on board already. Will be simple to add one just didn't know if the WFCO 8955 had a built in shut off. I have a switch above the thermostat that just says on and off and didn't know if there was a relay some where.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the terminal with the - marked on the battery.
When working with a battery always disconnect the - terminal first and when connecting connect the - last.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Also, when working on diesel pickups (like mine) keep in mind that many have 2 batteries and disconnecting just 1 does not leave you safe from a catastrophic short circuit from the 2nd battery - You have to disconnect them both CAREFULLY

Last edited: