Little Perplexed with my new IS system

Georgia_Biker

We had the Mor Ryde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes installed while at the National Rally - Trip home was uneventful.

We just completed our first pull with a New Ram 3500 Dually for about 3 hours above Atlanta to Desoto State Park in Ft. Payne AL. We were both pleased with how smooth and stable the Dually is over the single axle we had. I was amazed.

After we unhooked and setup we looked inside and all the towels were off the shelves in the bath, items on the stove counter were in the floor, looked like an earthquake had hit. We were puzzled because of all the great comments about how stable the IP is on the road. I hope this was a one time thing. We'll see how well it does to the next destination.

I am wondering now if I made a good investment in a IP system Any comments

Last edited:

Georgia_Biker

Re: Little Perplexed with my new IP system

We had the Mor Ryde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes installed while at the National Rally - Trip home was uneventful.

We just completed our first pull with a New Ram 3500 Dually for about 3 hours above Atlanta to Desoto State Park in Ft. Payne AL. We were both pleased with how smooth and stable the Dually is over the single axle we had. I was amazed.

After we unhooked and setup we looked inside and all the towels were off the shelves in the bath, items on the stove counter were in the floor, looked like an earthquake had hit. We were puzzled because of all the great comments about how stable the IP is on the road. I hope this was a one time thing. We'll see how well it does to the next destination.

I am wondering now if I made a good investment in a IP system Any comments

Now we moved from Desoto State ark at Ft. Payne, AL to Anchor Down RV Resort in Dandridge, Tn the same thing happened - stuff all in the floor.

I am wondering - we have changed tow trucks since I had the IP installed - will that make a difference? They took measurements of my previous tow truck, which was a single axle short bed, now its an 8' Long Bed Dually. Just wondering

Gary521

I cannot see how your tow vehicle would make a difference. Perhaps your new system, on the trailer, is too stiff for the weight of your trailer. Bigger is not always better. I am unfamiliar with the system but maybe there is a way of softening it up a bit. If you put a racing suspension on a Cadillac, it gonna ride like a stiff race car. If you put the Cadillac suspension on a race car, the race car is gonna ride like a Cadillac but not corner well.

After thinking about it a bit, there might be a contributing factor to the suspension of your new truck with the new system on your trailer. Sort of a combination, synergistic thing.

danemayer

Larry,

When our I.S. was installed last fall, Rob asked if I wanted the 7K or 8K rubber "springs". Rob's opinion was that either would work well, but 7K would give a softer ride. I opted for the 8K and while the I.S. does a good job, if we hit a serious bump at highway speed, things inside do move. A lot.

Gary521

Well, there you go. You can soften it up a bit.

farside291

You could put air bags on the Ram if it already doesn't have them. That will soften the ride on the front of the camper for sure. And, give you a better ride as well. Cheap fix which pays twice, once for the camper and once for you :)

Georgia_Biker

Larry,

When our I.S. was installed last fall, Rob asked if I wanted the 7K or 8K rubber "springs". Rob's opinion was that either would work well, but 7K would give a softer ride. I opted for the 8K and while the I.S. does a good job, if we hit a serious bump at highway speed, things inside do move. A lot.

Items in the Big Horn did tend fall out before the IS - it actually seems to be worse. I don't know which rubber bushings I have but, I did go with the 8K setup. I'll keep trying for Rob-thanks

- - - Updated - - -

You could put air bags on the Ram if it already doesn't have them. That will soften the ride on the front of the camper for sure. And, give you a better ride as well. Cheap fix which pays twice, once for the camper and once for you :)

Already has factory air system - truck really rides good and smooth loaded

porthole

Retired

Items in the Big Horn did tend fall out before the IS - it actually seems to be worse. I don't know which rubber bushings I have but, I did go with the 8K setup. I'll keep trying for Rob-thanks

My opinion only, but if you have the 8K on a Bighorn you are not heavy enough for the suspension, - you have too much suspension for a Bighorn.

That said, you need to find out what springs they put in. I recall there being 3 maybe 4 different spring rates, they label them as a numbered "durometer" rating.

If you have the 8K suspension 7K springs would probably help your ride.

MOR/ryde should not have installed 8K suspension with 8K springs on your trailer unless the before installation weight check dictated otherwise.

If the springs need to be changed out, you can do it yourself, but it is a bit of work.

email Rob

Rob.Kolean@morryde.com