Living room lights

racingzr

2012 Elk Ridge 29 BHCK. The living room lights that are on a switch are not working. There are 5 or 6 of them. All other lights in the living room work fine. Checked bulbs, fuses, breakers and swapped switches with another and determined its not the switch. Pretty much narrowed it down to wiring I think.
Any other ideas or thoughts? Dealer can fix it this fall, we still have plenty of lights but it would be nice to fix it. Thanks.

RuralPastor

Considering that all of the lights on that circuit are not working, I would do the following: 1) Make sure you actually have 12vdc at the switch. 2) Remove the light closest to the switch and check connections. 3) Measure voltage at the first light.

Hope you get it. You shouldn't have to wait until the fall just to have lights. Mark

rick_debbie_gallant

2012 Elk Ridge 29 BHCK. The living room lights that are on a switch are not working. There are 5 or 6 of them. All other lights in the living room work fine. Checked bulbs, fuses, breakers and swapped switches with another and determined its not the switch. Pretty much narrowed it down to wiring I think.
Any other ideas or thoughts? Dealer can fix it this fall, we still have plenty of lights but it would be nice to fix it. Thanks.

Ceiling lights? wall lights?

racingzr

Ceiling lights. Good call, I'll bring my tester up. I assume the light nearest the switch would be the first in line? Don't really want to wait until fall for that or my tank valves to be fixed but we're all set up on our seasonal lot where we live for most of June/July so I'm not pulling it out to get fixed until September. Dealer wants 69 dollars per hour (2 hour round trip) plus 50 bucks for a field call.....told them to kiss my arse after spending over 30k already. And HL only pays a set rate for warranty repairs.

racingzr

They were all working fine for the first month we used the rig. Went to turn the switch on one morning a week ago and got nothing.

gasman

Camp Socializer
You may want to pull the switch out and check to make sure a wire hasn't come off the backside.

dfk009

I had to change out the light switch that controls the two rows of ceiling lights in the living room/kitchen on our 2012 Elkridge 34TSRE. The switch quit all of sudden one day. I just bought a switch for $2.59, and it was a snap to change. I'm going to buy another as a spare for the bath/bedroom wall control. They are just poorly made.

racingzr

Well thats pretty much what happened to me except I swapped switches with one that was working and got nothing. I also tried the suspected bad switch on the bedroom lights and it worked fine. Got to be the wiring I guess. Going home tomorrow and will grab my tester. Just annoying.....I hope it's an expensive repair for HL!

jbeletti

I have 2 thoughts:

1. Check to make sure all fuses are good in the fuse panel
2. Like Rural Pastor suggested in post #2, start removing light fixtures and checking connections at the wire nuts

My guess is on #2.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Another suggestion - all looks good but still no lights??? Check for the ground wire/connection. I don't know where it is but look for it or a substitute when checking at the lights wit a meter.

racingzr

Well, I do have 12v at the switch. Probably as suggested above, it is one of the individual fixtures. Might ge to that on Sunday.