LM 365 Madison floor plan

jbeletti

Do you like them ?
Are they way better the the stock steps ? Mine are so flimsy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jerrod - yes, I like them. Easier for Nancy to pull them out and put them away, so WIN for me. Are they a bit more "bouncy" than all-steel steps? Yes, I think so. But I don't find it do be a negative after 6 months of use. Long-term use will tell a better story as to how they hold up against all-steel steps.

jbeletti

Like the TV in the kitchen. Looks like it would be easier to watch while eating, plus the chef can watch a different show while the living room is watching something else. On the bottom of the shower there are 2 "knobs" for lack of better wording. What are they?
The big negative for a front living for me has been the lack of underneath storage. Can you get some pics of that?
Thanks.

Regarding the bottom of the shower, I've got that question into Andy already. Looks to me like possible a heater vent and maybe a decal or maybe an AC vent. I will let you know.

I will request pics of the storage bay today. Sorry but I just forgot to get them. Was making a super-fast pass through our display.

jbeletti

We like the kitchen a lot. cabinets IPO the TV? two TV's in ten feet +/- seems like overkill to us.

Cabinets on the back wall in the bedroom...look odd to us. Why not have them go to the ceiling?

Could live without the decorative corbels on the slides.

Amy doesn't like the half mirror doors.

Medicine cabinet would be nice.

Can't wait to see one in person!!!

Dave and Amy - thanks for the feedback!

The ceiling is REAL tall in the back as LM 365 now has a straight-line roof. So cabinets at the top would be very hard to reach for all but you my friend. We do include a step stool in LM 365 but I'm thinking there may not be room to open it up on the floor between the bed and closet.

Checking to see if the kitchen TV is an option.

All feedback will be seen by Andy.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Dave and Amy - thanks for the feedback!

The ceiling is REAL tall in the back as LM 365 now has a straight-line roof. So cabinets at the top would be very hard to reach for all but you my friend. We do include a step stool in LM 365 but I'm thinking there may not be room to open it up on the floor between the bed and closet.

Checking to see if the kitchen TV is an option.

All feedback will be seen by Andy.

Fair enough! Amy's point is that leaving it open creates a great dust bunny collection center and a nightmare to keep clean. Even false cabinet doors going to the ceiling would be preferable to her.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with not liking the tv in the kitchen. Why not make a little desk area there? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenneths

Not a fan of the dead end in the kitchen, I would prefer an island that you can walk around. I had basically the same kitchen layout in my last toy hauler, a non Heartland brand, and I ended up hating it, you just feel confined in there, especially if someone else walks into the kitchen.

The DW and I were in the market for a front living camper when we found the Landmark line. We couldn't wait for the Madison to come out so we bought the Newport, that said we looked at a lot of front living models. Out of all we looked at we feel the Grand design Solitude had the best kitchen layout. I think a similar layout in this unit would be a hit, even if you have to stretch it to the length of the Newport.

My $0.02

codycarver

Folks looking for islands have plenty of choices. This kitchen is very similar to ours and the only reason we would consider replacing our 3670.

porthole

Retired
Narower DS wall cabinet, larger window (egress window) = eliminate the side door.

- - - Updated - - -

They seem stronger, and they are easier to use....

Our steps (two sets) do seem to be sturdier. We went from 3 to 4 treads, so not a real comparison.
But the two sets we have are nearly impossible for Deb to deploy, especially the last fold into the trailer cubby.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Narower DS wall cabinet, larger window (egress window) = eliminate the side door.

- - - Updated - - -

Our steps (two sets) do seem to be sturdier. We went from 3 to 4 treads, so not a real comparison.
But the two sets we have are nearly impossible for Deb to deploy, especially the last fold into the trailer cubby.
Duane I remember reading about your Lippert steps being hard to operate are they getting better or worse with time ?

porthole

Retired
Duane I remember reading about your Lippert steps being hard to operate are they getting better or worse with time ?

No change and I am waiting to hear from Lippert about them.
When I hear somethng I'll make a seperate thread instead of polluting this one anymore. :cool:

Bones

Just a random thought on this layout. Has anyone ever though of getting rid of the front door and having only the rear side door and expanding the kitchen slide with a pantry or more seating then moving the washer dryer into the living area somehow and free up rear bedroom space.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just a random thought on this layout. Has anyone ever though of getting rid of the front door and having only the rear side door and expanding the kitchen slide with a pantry or more seating then moving the washer dryer into the living area somehow and free up rear bedroom space.

I don't know if that would be a fire-safety issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codycarver

Or swap the window left of the slide for a door, larger slide, Perhaps second door placed in the side of the slide a little foyer with coat closet. larger dresser in the bedroom. I'd like to know requirements for second egress.

Sure is fun to dream!!!

Bones

Or swap the window left of the slide for a door, larger slide, Perhaps second door placed in the side of the slide. larger dresser in the bedroom. I'd like to know requirements for second egress.

Boy it's fun to dream!!!
Too bad I cant get a hold of the top view in auto cad. I can move things around in there. Maybe I'll play in paint

rkteschke

My Wife wouldn't mind them getting rid of the window behind the head of the bed.
Put a window above the dresser on the passenger side with a pop up TV.

Ray & Sarah T.