LOCATION/DATE SET - 2012 - Gillette, WY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Re: 2012 Rally Location and Date has been set - June 14-17, 2012 - Cam-Plex in Gillette, WY

We've been talking about what we want to see too. Mt. Rushmore is on the list, Yellowstone might be too. one way or the other, we'll be seeing parts of Montana, northern ID and northern WA during the trip. We just have to have my actual school calendar dates to figure out what we can do before the rally and which direction we will go afterward. Until they decide just how many days pay I'm going to get cut next year for budget problems, we don't know where to start planning or how long we can afford to travel. Kristy

back2nature

Re: 2012 Rally Location and Date has been set - June 14-17, 2012 - Cam-Plex in Gillette, WY

We were just through that area a couple of weeks ago (Mt. Rushmore, Crazyhorse). We loved the campground at Game Lodge in Custer State Park. Right in the middle of those two areas. Beautiful campground (pics below). Loved it. But then again, we're from So. California, where everything is brown. We are definitely planning on going back there again when we go to the Gillette Rally. Campground has 50 amp, no water, no sewer, but water and sewer dump station right in the park. We had no problem going three nights with full fill up, right there, just before we set camp. Note: Reservations go on sale, online Jan. 1st, and sell out in a few days. I shouldn't tell you that or you may take my spot. :)

IMG_5931.jpgIMG_5928.jpgIMG_5933.jpgIMG_5932.jpg

GETnBYE

Anyone know of any good campgrounds for stop overs from the southeast. Yes, it's early, but I love to plan ahead.
Nita

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader

Maping out the trip now from Central NJ to the Rally! Two couples and Greystones attending, looking forward to our first National Rally. Keep posting places to see on the way it really helps.

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler

Founding Colorado Chapter Leader

Hi JIm ......Sounds good the Colorado chapter needs 10 spots..................

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

Woo Hoo! Can't wait for the big National Rally in Gilette next June. Gilette will be part of our northwest journey next year; We have three rigs signed on to the voyage; more welcome. Start after Memorial Day, home by Labor Day.
Can we have the hypnotist back again? I finally got over my torn ribs from all the laughing.
Hogan

TXBobcat

Fulltime

I have marked my calendar to arrive on Monday June 11th. I always like to arrive early and watch all the people as they arrive. Might start making movies... :p

BC

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader

Blanca and I are planning to go to the Gillette Wy Heartland owners rally so I will have my spurs sharpened and RIDE EM COWBOY! TRAVELER07

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

Amy and I have been kicking around the idea of planning a WY chapter rally to coincide with the national rally for the folks that plan on arriving early or are sticking around afterwards. Any thoughts you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader

Amy and I have been kicking around the idea of planning a WY chapter rally to coincide with the national rally for the folks that plan on arriving early or are sticking around afterwards. Any thoughts you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
DW and I would be interested depending on when the date would be

TXBobcat

Fulltime

It would be nice to gather at an RV park a few days before the rally and then all go togeather to Gillette.

What about Buffalo Wyo at Deer Park or Indian campgound. I was looking to arrive at Gillette on the June 11th but could adjust it to meet somewhere.

BC

We will be taking the month of June to visit some of the national parks before and after the rally in Gillette.
See ya all at the rally.

jimtoo

Hi Dave,,,

Thanks for checking on the other camp grounds. If they don't allow early arrivals at the Cam-plex,,,there is going to be a real traffic jam on the 14th. We were planning on arriving on Monday or Tuesday, but that's out now.

Jim M

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

You bet. I don't know if the info is correct but figure it's best to get ahead of the curve especially since most of the parks around here will be closing soon.... keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.