LOCATION/DATE SET - 2012 - Gillette, WY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdfishing

Re: 2012 Rally Location and Date has been set - June 14-17, 2012 - Cam-Plex in Gillette, WY

Just curious about when they may start taking reservations for this event. Doesn't look like finding a spot for the Bighorn is going to be a problem. Man, this place is big. But I didn't see any trees in the pics on their web site?

bacaye

Re: 2012 Rally Location and Date has been set - June 14-17, 2012 - Cam-Plex in Gillette, WY

We are really anxious to attend this rally. We now have the new 3500 truck so we are excited to return to that area with the Big Country.

J-W&E

We will be there too. The location was an excellent choice!!

jbeletti

Just curious about when they may start taking reservations for this event. Doesn't look like finding a spot for the Bighorn is going to be a problem. Man, this place is big. But I didn't see any trees in the pics on their web site?

Probably have the registration site open sometime in December.

We'll be in the Box Elder CG. No trees.

Jim

62cwil

We plan on being their also.

hcriddle

We are in too!!

LaurieK

We hope to be in Wyoming too. The rally in Goshen this year was great!

swilhite

We'll be there. DW has never seen that part of the country.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Dan and I plan on heading West to Wyoming for the Rally and Herbie can't wait to meet some new friends.

talley

Diane and I have been looking forward to the 2012 Gillette Rally ever since the location was announced. We have not visited the Northwest and are planning an extended trip around the Rally. Heartland and Jim B have done a great job in identifying venues for the "away" rallies. So much to do and so little time.

Jerry

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders

Lynne & I are planning to be there, will be promoting at our Rally next weekend.../Doug

jbeletti

Awesome Doug!

Jim

We are eagerly looking forward to the 2012 Rally. We have been to this area twice and love the area. Gary & I can't wait.

back2nature

We are passing through Gillette right now. Oops, wrong year. Anyway, we hope to make it to that rally since we had to cancel the one in Goshen this year.

hcriddle

I'm ready!!!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

We're still planningg on coming, but we'll have to start a pacific caravan. I might have to skip out the end of the school year too, just to make it in time. Right now though, thinking about this rally trip, the first after Mark retires, is helping me stay focused on recovery for my back. The shortest route to Gillette for us is 1200 miles and across the Rockies, but that's still a lot less than going to the Midwest for a National.Kristy

wdk450

Gang:
I'm all for supporting the HOG by attending rallies, especially when HOG LISTENS to the membership and responds to the Western US members who feel they usually have to drive so far (and spend so many fuel $$$'s) to the national rallies.
I am committing now to being in Gillette in 2012. Will sign up in January when registration opens.

jbeletti

...Will sign up in January when registration opens.

Unless it opens in December :) I'll do a better job of keeping folks informed of when the registration will be open, as I caught a lot of people by surprise for 2011 by opening registration on December 19th, when I was ready.

For all, I am really pleased with the enthusiasm I am seeing for this event. Gillette itself is not really the draw (IMO). It's what you can combine with this trip, before or after the rally that I feel, makes the location pretty cool.

I'd like to see folks continue to post their itineraries in order to inspire others on what they too may want to consider seeing/doing on the way to or on the way home from this rally.

I hope/plan to spend some time in SD revisting Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Black Hills etc. on our way back home (east).

Jim

back2nature

Gang: I'm all for supporting the HOG by attending rallies, especially when HOG LISTENS to the membership and responds to the Western US members who feel they usually have to drive so far (and spend so many fuel $$$'s) to the national rallies. I am committing now to being in Gillette in 2012. Will sign up in January when registration opens.
I agree. Goshen was just a little to far for us. Gillette is more doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.