Location Poll for 2008 International Heartland Owners Rally

Your choice of location for the big 2008 rally...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Probably a little late to be determining this but we have to start the planning none-the-less.

Below is a poll asking your thoughts on where we should hold the 2008 Rally. Just to get things rolling, I am tossing out 3 areas of the U.S. and one "Other" area.

For votes for the "Other" area, please state in your post what you think would be a great location within North America for this rally. Bear in mind that for the purposes of this poll, we're talking about the big rally. Looking less for a specific campground and more for a specific location. Please state your reasoning for your vote.

Note that votes for this poll will be public.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:

jbeletti

Voted for Branson

Okay, I voted for Branson, Missouri.

My reasons:
  1. Never been there
  2. Have heard there's lots to do there
  3. Been hearing of some nice CGs that may be able to accommodate a rally
  4. Have to move the rally from the factory area at some point, maybe year 3 (2007) is the right time

Like all locations, I realize that my choice will not work for everyone just as the choice of others won't all work for me either. Perhaps we can get a consensus. My guess is that we will not get a consensus but I know we'll get a lot of input.

I have already been speaking about the 2008 rally with the factory. Looking for their input/thoughts on locations/involvement etc.

Jim

timk

How about out west? We have water, electricity paved streets and everything now. I have no real reason, other than thats where we are. My 2 cents.
TimK

J

Jim_1899

Branson Area

This is what I really like thinking about, where the best place to go on vacation. The Branson area is in the Ozark Mountains, with Table Rock Lake, it has shows, good restaurants, and a lot of shopping. There are some good RV parks that are not in Branson that you get to enjoy the outdoors and are a short drive. There is one located by Silver Dollar City that has full hook ups and can handle the Rally. http://www.tallpinescampground.com/index.html

Just an idea, I would like to go a lot of other places too. (Smoky Mountains, New Mexico, Nashville)

Last edited:

ct0218

Branson sounds good--never been there. Maybe somewhere in the western states the following year, then the Smoky Mountains next, then the NE or SW. There is a lot to see and do in so many locations so it will be tough to decide. No matter where the Rally is it will be convenient for some, inconvenient for others. Gail should be retired by the 2008 Rally so maybe we can make that one.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
WEST COAST... like timk says we have paved streets and clean water and very high mountains....oh I guess I scared the people from the flatter lands. hahaha I would love to come over to Elkhart or Branson, but just can't do it this year..

billd

Out west would be nice, Phoneix, Yuma, Colorado river area from Blythe to Lake Mead.

For me it would be the time off issue to get to Indiana, or Branson.

Bill

arisce

Bill and I agree with returning to Goshen one more year and then branching out, perhaps to Branson next. It is a nice feeling to be returning to a familiar place where you know the facilities and people. Because we are continuing to attract new Heartland owners each year, a chance to visit the factories where their trailers were made is very interesting and exciting. But in 2008, we think it is time for a change.

jpmorgan37

Go West, Young Man, Go West

Although I enjoyed the Fairgrounds in Goshen and look forward to going back again this year, some of the more spectacular scenery in this country are in our western states. Several areas that come to mind are many parts of Colorado and the Black Hills of South Dakota around Mt. Rushmore. Maybe we can get more of our "Western Family" to join in the rally.:)

I wouldn't mind trying another place, as long as we do it in the summer. Don't know how many are still working and would have to do a summer vacation thing. I work for a school system and can't get a "vacation" until school is out, or it's a holiday break.
Robbinsfmly
3200 Bighorn

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I agree with Don. I would like to go other places also but I do have that darn old full time job that always seems to get in the way of my camping. The other thing for me is I would like for my wife to be with me, she is a teacher and obviously can't get away during the school season. Anyway, those are my thoughts on that. In the event I have to miss a Rally, I will always be there in spirit.

Mark

jbeletti

Hi gang,

Well, we have went against my own vote for Branson. The decision has been made to hold the 2008 International Heartland Owners Rally once again in Goshen, Indiana at the Elkhart Country 4H Fairgrounds.

The date has been set too. I pushed it out a bit farther into June to try to open it up to more educators and families with school aged children.

Save the date! Thursday, June 12, 2008 through Sunday, June 15, 2008.

Nothing much posted there yet, but here's a link to the web page for this rally, then select 2008 from the menu.

By the end of 2007, we'll set the 2009 International Rally location and dates. We're still favoring Branson for this.

Note too that as the Heartland Owners Club develops, the rallies will come under the club and as regions are created and chapters begin to form, more rallies will occur out of that. My expectation is that each year, there would be many rallies. Local, regional and International (US, Canada & Mexico). That the big rally occurs near the factory more often than note will have its benefits. That many rallies may occur around the country and around North America gives many of us a chance to get to 1 or more rallies annually.

I am looking forward to it!

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim,

Thanks for the update for 2008. Glad to see the dates pushed back for the rally giving the folks that could not get away a chance to go to a rally now.
How about pushing real hard for that International rally, maybe down to Mazatlan, Mx on Heartlands dime:D. There is a woman on the Escapees forum that says it is beautiful camping down there. Been there on a cruise and saw a campground from a distance, not bad looking Senior.

Flatop

Interested Member
Branson Mo.

Never been there but hear through the roadways that its a really nice place to go hangout and visit for a couple of days. I'm in for Branson Mo in 2008

Well, I was going to attend the 08 Rally but will pass again. Was hoping Branson would get the vote. Oh well, maybe in 09.

ct0218

Gail and I were hoping to make the 2008 rally in Goshen, but with the date pushed back a couple of weeks it interferes with our trip to Alaska. We're leaving NC mid to late May and the rally was one of our stops enroute to Alaska and then back home early August. Maybe we can make the 2009 rally in Branson, we've been wanting to go there. Our Mt. Rushmore is going to have to go on a diet before the Alaska trip.

jbeletti

Clark,

I saw your AK trip post ovef on RV.net. I'd love to visit Alaska although I don't think I'd want to take the RV that distance unless I had a month to do it in (i.e. retired).

Sorry the 2008 rally date doesn't work for you and Gail. I am trying to include more people, not exclude and the new date has a good chance of catching those who are tied to the school calendar.

We will see you guys sooner of course, but looking forward to RVing with you in Branson in 2009! I have gotten some input from forum members on Branson, I am in receipt of campground info from there as well and we have our trusty Mod (jpmorgan37) staying there this month and he'll be checking it out for us.

Jim

C

Chulinw

I vote for Branson. I have been to Branson before and had a great time with the shows and the area is great.

ct0218

Jim
It is a long trip to AK, and I prefer to head there the earlier part of summer. Part of the reason is the fly fishing tends to be better then, so does the temps. Traffic will be a little lighter on the Alaska Hwy in early June as compared to late June. Moving the date back to June works for a lot of people, against only a few. Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.