Locking Out Front Leveling Jacks

Nuclearcowboy

Our Bighorn, like many, has the auto leveling system controls behind one of the basement storage doors. However, also like many other Bighorn units, the front Lippert jacks can be independently raised or lowered with the front rocker arm switch, which is particularly used for hooking up and unhooking. My wife is concerned that when we are set up at a given location, there isn’t anything that prevents some misbehaving kids from coming around and messing with this switch, which could be totally uncool. With that said, I am considering replacing this switch with a key lock switch ( if one exists) or installing a locking cover. Any ideas out there?

danemayer

This comes up from time to time although I don't think anyone has ever experienced the potential problem.

The best idea I've heard is to interrupt the 12V wire going to the exterior switch by adding a single pole, single throw "disable" switch inside the front compartment.

SLO

One of the benefits of changing out the 50A breaker to an 80A breaker for the hydraulics is a push button disengage on the breaker. I usually disengage the breaker just for the reason you mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gary521

Like Dan said, you are fixing a problem that does not exist. That being said, the older Bighorns came with the switch inside of a box with a cover. I am sure that these switch boxes still exist and can be purchased.

PondSkum

I would think that the simplest solution is to put a "kill switch" between the outside switch and the battery, inside one of the lockable compartments. Like mentioned above.