Lone Big Horn

JanAndBill

We are the only Big Horn, in the park. Actually we are about the only one period left in the park, every one else was smart enough to head south. Temperature this morning here in Cape Girardeau, MO was 59 this morning, and has been falling all day. Went out to disconnect the water for the night it was 35. Overnight low is supposed to be 26 tonight and 23 tomorrow. Glad when Friday rolls around and we can head south toward warmer climates.

rxbristol

Re: Lone Big HOrn

With the current weather, you will have to travel to the deep south...safe travels.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

With the current weather, you will have to travel to the deep south...safe travels.

Yup!

Here in Denver it is 6 degrees above zero right now (10 pm), and tomorrow (Wednesday) the high is forecast to be 9 degrees above zero.

Kbvols

JanandBill

Went to college in CG and have family there. It has gotten cold there as we keep track of the temps. CG is a great little city hope you all enjoy. Safe travels south to warmer weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JanAndBill

JanandBill

Went to college in CG and have family there. It has gotten cold there as we keep track of the temps. CG is a great little city hope you all enjoy. Safe travels south to warmer weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really, what year? 1972 was my graduation. We have a lot of family in the area. Here now visiting father in law who is recovering from a bad fall.

Kbvols

Graduated in 86' grew up in Perryville just north of CG. Had a lot of fun times there although was dirt poor college student. Thinking about CG makes me hungry for BG's deli potato skins. Those were a treat back in the day. Always got them to go because we barely scrapped up enough money for them let alone a tip. Funny though always seemed to have enough money for beer...lol

Hope your father in law gets well quickly and heals fast.

JanAndBill

Small world. I grew up in Advance, my wife in Chaffee. BG's wasn't here yet when we were in school. Shakey's Pizza on Broad was the hangout back then, and a few other's which I won't go into. LOL Didn't have any money back then either, but it didn't take much thankfully. Thanks to gas wars, we didn't pay much over $.20/gallon for gas, Coke/Pepsi could be had on sale for less than $.75, and BEER NIGHT at Shakey's was $.10 a glass.

dfk009

Small world. I grew up in Advance, my wife in Chaffee. BG's wasn't here yet when we were in school. Shakey's Pizza on Broad was the hangout back then, and a few other's which I won't go into. LOL Didn't have any money back then either, but it didn't take much thankfully. Thanks to gas wars, we didn't pay much over $.20/gallon for gas, Coke/Pepsi could be had on sale for less than $.75, and BEER NIGHT at Shakey's was $.10 a glass.

Bill and Jan,
I knew you came up to Cape to visit relatives, but didn't realize that you were from South of Cape. Lived in Cape and Jackson from 1950 to 2009, and born in North Cape County at New Wells. Put in 30 something years at the Ford dealer up the hill from your campground. Carol left the Cape Cardiology Group to move across the river to Carbondale, to join their group. I got to retire early.
PM me sometime when you come to visit, and we can meet up to eat. Don Kutscher

JanAndBill

Left the cold behind. 18 this morning at 7 when we rolled out. It's 420 miles which is a little longer than I like to do in a day, but temperatures along the way weren't looking good, so we pushed on through. A high of 50 here tomorrow will seem like a real HEAT wave!!!