Looking at ordering a 3010

goldbrick

If someone is interested in doing a 4 battery install as I have please be aware that if you have the same 4" C channel supports that are in my 3010 it makes for a very tight install. These C channels are huge for the job of holding up the landing gear hydraulics. Heartland must use them cause they are on the scrap pile but they rob a lot of space unnecessarily.
The battery boxes from Canada come in two configurations. Long and skinny which holds two batteries end to end. Don't buy this style cause there is NO way to get them in there and load the batteries without cutting off some excess C channel. The other style two batteries fit side by side, these are the ones you want. If your name is Hercules just put two batteries in the box, lift them into the compartment and slide into place. If you are like me I put one battery in the box and lifted it into the compartment with the near end tilted up and sitting on the weatherstripping of the compartment. This is necessary once again because of the C channel. Then insert second battery in the box and slide into place. Repeat for the second set. Because you have to load the batteries this way you can not secure the boxes with bolts or screws inside of them like you normally would. To keep the boxes securely in place I purchased some L brackets from the hardware store. Make sure to install the aft brackets only before loading the batteries otherwise you will have problems getting the boxes positioned. After everything is in place then put the inboard and forward brackets on. If you are smarter than me you may consider moving your junction bar and battery shut off switch up the wall where they will be more accessible with the boxes in. Also my hot lead on the 12v battery wasn't long enough with the 4 6v'ers in so I lengthened it to fit.
Trace- to answer your question, battery vapors can't get into the generator compartment because it has a separate weather-seal which isolates the box the generator is in from the batteries.
John, For the person that uses his Cyclone on weekends there isn't much advantage in having four batteries. I stay in my coach 45 days in a row 4 times a year. Often in cloudy or cooler locations so the increased 12v storage will be a great advantage to me once I get my solar system in. The amount of fuel I save by not having to run the generator during periods of cloudy weather due to my increased amp/hr. storage should be substantial. Toward that end I have already installed a 700 watt inverter on a separate circuit to power my tv, charge my phone, and laptop. Today I installed a Trimetric 2025 battery monitor. This handy device is going to allow me to compute my daily average amp usage so I can size my solar system to meet my needs without spending unnecessary dollars. It constantly monitors your batteries and gives you the amps you are drawing or accruing through solar or generator, voltage in your batteries, and a % reading of your amp/ hours capacity you have left in the batteries. I will not have to guess where I am at with my batteries enabling me to not abuse them so they should have a longer life. Google "Handy Bob Solar" and read his "Battery Charging Puzzle". It's a good source of info on the 12v lifestyle and includes info on batteries, converters, inverters, battery chargers, and of course solar in language that is easily understood.
Hope this helps,
Merton

szewczyk_john

Ok, thanks for the great info. I do more than just weekend trips but usually no more than 2 weeks at a time. I wish I could get way and get lost for 45 days at a time. For now I'll just keep using my 2 6 volt battery set up. I have located a place to buy a box similar to yours.

porthole

Retired
We have a 2010 Cyclone 3010.
Yes to the beds half way. You can "pin" the upper bunk at the ceiling level.

Genny - I have a Honda 3000IS. Had it for our previous trailer. To me it is a better option then twin Honda 2000's. Only one genny, one fuel tank which is 3.5 gallons.
But it is 135 pounds. Pain to get into the truck.

I ordered the Cyclone with the Onan. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Fairly quiet, very convenient. I have no problem sleeping with it running.

I think the fuel consumption issue relates to the LPG version. Cyclone's have a gasoline Genny and it feeds off the fuel cell in the rear of the trailer (28 gallons on mine).

The converter/charger is an 80 amp "smart charger" and is more then sufficient. Maybe the other member has a problem with his.

Dual pane windows, worthwhile in my opinion. Not just for climate insulation but also outside noise.