Looking for Help with 3010 Decision

RogerO

Thanks Irvin! I tried their "wizard" a long time ago, unfortunately, the software is not too smart. It only gives me one dealership that is in another state over 130 miles away, and very inconvenient to get to. I wanted to see other dealerships in the area, even if slightly further away, yet geographically easier to get to.

Plus, I would like to get a pdf of all of the dealers in the U.S. to refer to, so if on a trip away from home and in need of help I could call locally.

irvin56

there are a lot of different dealers in Calgary and are not listed in their "wizard" so I doubt they have a running list to give. They also have a lot of dealer in same area, but carry different lines, and changes of dealer(shutting down, out of buisness, or don't want to carry them anymore). Heartland would help out in in any area you travel. even if dealers do not carry"that model of heartland". can contact the heartland service, but I doubt they have a list to give you, because of what I mentioned above.
good luck on your search.
Irvin

RogerO

Please excuse me, but I find it hard to believe that the factory does not have a current (30 days or so) list of who they sell to.

I am interested in buying a Cyclone 3010 from a dealer in my area, and so far, I have only found one that is more than 120 miles away and has no stock to look at. I live 30 miles from downtown NYC, so there must be several closer in ANY direction?! It's interesting that the Company wants us to purchase from a local dealer, yet finding who they are is a major challenge!

How about it Mike (Aplin), does a list exist?

Please excuse me, but I find it hard to believe that the factory does not have a current (30 days or so) list of who they sell to.

I am interested in buying a Cyclone 3010 from a dealer in my area, and so far, I have only found one that is more than 120 miles away and has no stock to look at. I live 30 miles from downtown NYC, so there must be several closer in ANY direction?! It's interesting that the Company wants us to purchase from a local dealer, yet finding who they are is a major challenge!

How about it Mike (Aplin), does a list exist?

Roger, I completely agree. We have been in the cyclone market for about two years. The "local dealer" in Las Vegas, according to heartland, doesn't carry the cyclone only the RW. We have been focusing on southern California as we are here a lot on vacation. We finally found a dealer last summer that we almost purchased with, but for various reasons decided not to. We are supposed to take delivery of our new 3010 tomorrow, but we just "drove" passed another heartland dealer that we knew nothing about. They are stocking 4 units right now. Tomorrows purchase was supposedly the only 3010 in the state. We are frustrated.

porthole

Retired
Roger - there just aren't that many Cyclone dealers in our area.
Because of that I went to Indiana to do the factory tour. Also stopped at several dealers in that area and actually bought our trailer from a dealer just down the road from the factory.

When I was searching the closest Cyclone dealer to me (central Jersey) was about 250 miles away. One in Maryland, one someplace in New York.

Even if you find a dealer close to us, having all the models in stock is going to be a rare occurrence.

RogerO

Mods, the continuation of this thread probably does not belong here. If you wish to move it to the proper sub forum, please do so.

It's obvious to me that there seems to be a big hole in Heartland's communication between dealers and customers. Almost every other RV company I've checked gives you the nearest dealer and then the option to get the next one after that, and so on. This cannot be a difficult software fix for Heartland.

Why not have a downloadable file on the Heartland web site of all the US and Canadian dealerships and what lines they carry? Certainly such a list exists?

As I have said previously, Heartland wants customers to by from local dealerships. They (Heartland) should support all of their dealers by listing them geographically and the lines they carry for all customers to see and choose. That would be a real value added service to the dealers and ultimately the customers they serve.

porthole

Retired
Roger - you are in the right area to ask yor questions, no need to move this thread.

Perhaps try this link and voice your concern.

http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=20

If you are not in a hurry then the RV show in September may be your best bet to see as many models as possible as well as Cyclone dealers. hat yo will find with many of the HEartland dealers is they mainly carry the mainstream models, Big Horn, Big Country, Sundanese etc. Not so many of the dealers carry the Cyclone and Road Warrior model.

That is why I took a few days off and flew to Indiana. BTW, when I did that trip there were no direct flights to Elkhart area (South Bend Airport) took me as long and coat about the same to fly or drive.

RogerO

Thanks Duane. I did use the link to write to Heartland. I'll let you know if I get a reply. May I ask, since you are in NJ, where did you buy your Cyclone?

porthole

Retired
I ordered it and picked it up from Great Lakes RV in Elkhart. I dealt with Gary Davis. He has been there the longest and seemed to be the most knowledgeable.
I shopped around got several prices and they were the best price with the least amount of hassle.

Several emails back and forth and I called with a credit card ($1000 deposit) and ordered it. Drove out in one day to pick it up, spent several days at the service center going through and getting nit picking stuff done and drove home in one day.

Brett down in Texas also just bought his Cyclone from Great Lakes, so you could check with him too. //heartlandowners.org/member.php/10443-rustyshakelford

71stang99

The dealer in Pahrump used to carry Cyclones, I dont know if he does anymore as he was really pushing the Sandstorm and XLR (which we almost bought) his prices are good and the sales tax is less than LV (Clark county)

porthole

Retired
Roger, the more I think about what you are planning to do, the more I think the 3950 or 370 would be a better choice. Both have the extra head and closet and a 12' garage

RogerO

Thanks Duane, but I would like to get a smaller RV, not a larger one. The 8x10' garage is fine for size.

As far as a dealership list, I was told that "industry policy" is not to release a dealership list.

Something about a concern that customers would play one dealer against another to get the best price - as if that is not already being done - wake up Heartland!

When asked why a dealership list was not provided to give the on the road rv'er the security of knowing where local dealers are - the answer was "that is what factory customer service is for" - seems like a major waste of time, and resources and ultimately leads to customer frustration...